Faint and unwell feeling.........

Lownthwaite

1DD and cooking #2!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

To cut a story short - basically the last couple of times i have waited for a bus (where there is no seating) for longer than say 15 minutes i have suddenly come over all faint and have a general feeling of unwell. Like i may pass out. It was that bad today when i was waiting for the bus (which never came and i had to walk home for an hour in the snow!) that i almost sat down in the snow before i dropped!

I started walking up and down and took deep breaths and it seemed to help slightly but still felt unwell. Then i felt ok again - in all it lasted for about 15 minutes but it was not a nice feeling :nope: Any ideas why this happened and how i can stop it from happening again? Did i just stand up too long? x

low blood pressure? sugar levels dropping? i'd bring it up to your mw. could just be normal pregnancy things (feeling light headed can happen normally) hope you start to feel better though. that has to be scary especially if you are by yourself

This happens to me too... my doc said im low on iron and protien

low blood pressure? sugar levels dropping? i'd bring it up to your mw. could just be normal pregnancy things (feeling light headed can happen normally) hope you start to feel better though. that has to be scary especially if you are by yourself

Yeah - each time I was on my own - it was very scary. At my last appointment my BP was fine so maybe blood sugar - hadn't thought about that. I might start carrying a sugary drink around just in case.

Was very scary though - fainting really scares me like you say, especially when you are alone :cry:

This happens to me too... my doc said im low on iron and protien

I had my bloods done on the 12th dec and no-one has contacted me to tell me there is a problem though. Im assuming they would if i was aneamic or anything??

well im not anemic.. but they said my iron level was as low as they want it to go... but it could very well be low blood suger now that i think of it.

I started feeling physically ropey at 13 weeks, and the past week has been shocking. I have been hardly able to sit up straight without feeling like I'm gonna pass out. I'm wondering whether to see the Doctor tomorrow as I was hoping I would feel ok for work, but I'm no better at all. I've missed so much work due to bleeding throughout my first tri, I'm feeling bad for not being there, but at the same time worried about my bean. I know what you mean by scary alone - I only have to walk 10 mins to the train station, but it's a terrifying walk at the moment. I want to sail through! It's not fair! And I wish these blasted headaches would vanish too!!!

omg i have the same problem im always dizzy im worrying about fainting alone what if i fall onmy belly im going to talk to my dr about it

I get the same thing when I've been standing in one place for too long (which really sucks when you're trying to do Christmas shopping right now!). I don't know what causes it, I've mentioned it to my doctor. My blood pressure is fine, so she suggested that perhaps it's blood sugar. Her other advice was not to stand in one place for too long:winkwink:

I've been having the same problem. I do have slightly low BP but all my bloodwork has been normal. It only happens when I stand still for too long. Christmas shopping has been hard with the long line ups for everything. Supermarkets are also a worry. I always feel light headed waiting at the checkout!!

Same here!
I thought I was alone, but it may be low iron for me, as I've had that problem previously,
but yes, something to bring up to your doctor or mw, just to be sure of what it is.

low blood pressure or low iron count. i have low bp and if i get up 2 fast i feel faint and it's not ridiculously low so mayb you have pretty low bp. speak 2 your m/w

I also have this, i am aneamic but also have low bp. have to be really careful when getting up etc and also struggle to stand for long xx

i have been getting this too hun, started about 2 weeks ago, is very scary and now i dont like going out on my own especially as i have my little boy to think of!
xx

I felt faint while shopping in Mothercare yesterday, hate the feeling! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"