Faint lines on OPK's before a positive...

kitty_el

Pregnant with number 3 😄
Reaction score
Do any of you ladies get faint lines on your OPK's before you get a positive. This is our second month TTC number 2 and I am currently CD9 of a 31-33 day cycle. I took an OPK an hour ago (3.30pm UK time) & I got a faint line - well half the line was faint and half was dark, I took one the other day and it was completely blank.

I am just a bit confused if my cycle is 33 days then I should ovulate around CD18 this seems a bit early - who knows?!?!

Luckily we dtd last night and we will be doing it again tonight and probably most days till AF just in case lol

I do grt this.
I read up on these-it's common for ladies get a fade in pattern building up and gradually getting darker prior to ovulation.
These before and after faints are of course negatives unless both bands are the same darkness or darker than control line.
Good luck!

I do grt this.
I read up on these-it's common for ladies get a fade in pattern building up and gradually getting darker prior to ovulation.
These before and after faints are of course negatives unless both bands are the same darkness or darker than control line.
Good luck!

Thanks for the reply, I know its not a 'positive' unless the line is as dark or darker than the control line but I really hope this is leading to ovulation - I hate waiting around lol.

I see you're 1dpo - good luck :) :) xxx

I always have faint lines on OPKs, but I do notice it gets progressively darker 2-3 days before becoming positive.

I also have cycles around the 32 day mark. The first time I used OPKs I had a similar thing happen - very visible lines, not as dark as the control but half faint/half dark. I thought I may have ovulated earlier than normal. However, I kept checking and on day 20 I had an unmistakably dark line, darker than the control. I had the same thing the next day and then back to faint again. My point is, whilst I do think there can be a build up (usually lines almost as dark but not quite) it's best not to put too much meaning into anything until you get an obviously positive one. Most luteal phases tend to be around 14 days long (give or take a few days) so in a normal 32 day cycle, you will almost certainly ovulate around day 18. Whilst the early part of the cycle can differ vastly from woman to woman, the luteal phase tends to be, on average, roughly the same (2 weeks before AF) As you say, it is possible you could be ovulating early but I would keep checking just to be certain as positives are usually unmistakable! :flower: Wishing you all the best :)

Well myself i get faint lines leading up to ovulation this month is weird tho as i'm on cd13 got a absolutely positive got 1 yesterday and still today.when i researched it said it can catch it when it is going up then coming back down

I also have cycles around the 32 day mark. The first time I used OPKs I had a similar thing happen - very visible lines, not as dark as the control but half faint/half dark. I thought I may have ovulated earlier than normal. However, I kept checking and on day 20 I had an unmistakably dark line, darker than the control. I had the same thing the next day and then back to faint again. My point is, whilst I do think there can be a build up (usually lines almost as dark but not quite) it's best not to put too much meaning into anything until you get an obviously positive one. Most luteal phases tend to be around 14 days long (give or take a few days) so in a normal 32 day cycle, you will almost certainly ovulate around day 18. Whilst the early part of the cycle can differ vastly from woman to woman, the luteal phase tends to be, on average, roughly the same (2 weeks before AF) As you say, it is possible you could be ovulating early but I would keep checking just to be certain as positives are usually unmistakable! :flower: Wishing you all the best :)

Thanks for the reply, I will definitely keep checking. I used OPK's last time I got pregnant with my daughter & had a definite positive and then a positive hpt at 9dpo - I just can't remember what CD I got it... I'm 99% sure it was around CD 18 though.
It's 7am here so I'm going to do another OPK in a minute and compare that to yesterday's.

I've just taken another one and it's still faint although it does seem darker than last nights - definitely not a positive though.

It's so frustrating with OPKs because unlike an HPT they are open to so much more interpretation! Levels of LH can fluctuate wildly throughout your cycle so they can be somewhat darker and then lighter again. I was so confused when I first used them and was BDing all the time just in case. However, once I'd had a positive it helped sooo much and made the difference SO much clearer for me.

Sounds like your progressing to a positive!
I'd test in afternoon too. Definitely test 3x a day near estimated o day.

I always get lines on my OPK's... they are still negative but always there!

Do any of you ladies get faint lines on your OPK's before you get a positive. This is our second month TTC number 2 and I am currently CD9 of a 31-33 day cycle. I took an OPK an hour ago (3.30pm UK time) & I got a faint line - well half the line was faint and half was dark, I took one the other day and it was completely blank.

I am just a bit confused if my cycle is 33 days then I should ovulate around CD18 this seems a bit early - who knows?!?!

Luckily we dtd last night and we will be doing it again tonight and probably most days till AF just in case lol

There's always the hormone in your body creating the faint lines Hun xx my ovulation tests have been a strong positive for 4 days now xx

I took a test earlier and my OPK was very light and then I just took it and it's a smidgen darker

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->