Fainted in the Shower and vomited while driving?!

MImom2be

Recent Mommy~6-13-13!
Reaction score
I've made my fair share of complaint posts, this is NOT one of those, this is a "what the hell is going on?!" post.

Yesterday morning (about 7am) I was in the shower, gently had my head tilted back into the shower head to rinse the conditioner out and I felt a little light headed. Naturally I was like, "Well, that doesn't feel good" and just dropped my head to straight forward and backed up under the water more.

About 5 minutes later (still in the shower) I felt pressure right under my ribs, looked down at my stomach, saw baby girl roll from my left side to my right (looked like a giant wave rolling through my stomach) and all of a sudden, felt nausious, light headed and dizzy. The room started spinning, my vision started dimming, so I put my hands up on the walls of the shower, grabbed the one bar in my shower to try to hold on to and screamed at the top of my lungs for my husband.

I have no idea what happened next but I woke up, he was there in the shower, I was on the floor of the shower and the water was off. I have no idea if I fell, or if I just sort of slumped down or what. There was NO blood, and I have seen any bruises on my body yet, so???

And today, I woke up, felt a little sick to my stomach, drank some cranberry juice (helping with UTIs) and felt better. Nick and I had to go out to the pharmacy for my prenatals and decided to get some breakfast on the way there. I kept 90% of it down. It was the last 3 bites and all of a sudden, out of NOWHERE, while we were driving, I throw open my car door and stick as much of my body out of the car (yes, still driving at this point!!!) that my seat belt would allow and started profusely vomiting in the middle of 4 lanes of traffic!!!

Is this some sort of messed up early sign of labor or just a "pregnancy sucks" sort of thing?

Mind you, my blood pressure has been about 110/70 for the whole pregnancy, apart when it was low in my 2nd trimester. NEVER had high or dangerously low blood pressure, so what could be going on?

I think you should call your dr immediately and report these issues. I'm not sure what it is. It could be the LO pushing on your main artery with the passing out? But definitely call and talk to your dr. I hope you get to feeling better!

The vomitting doesnt bother me, as ive been sick for the whole nine months! Baby could be taking up more space and pushing on your stomach, so you cant eat as much. could the fainting be from the heat of the shower? I get lightheaded and not feeling well when im hot. If you continue to feel odd, go in and get checked out. Keep resting hun, try not to overdo it:hugs:

I'd get checked out, but it actually sounds like an inner ear issue if you ask me! CAll your doc, and we=hen they tell you "honey, you're 8 months pregnant, your body does funny things" feel free to say "yes, I know. Now about that vomiting and fainting."

Thanks ladies!

I called my doctor today, the soonest I can be seen is Monday, May 20th :/

They were also treating it like it was no big deal (apart from asking if I had a gush of fluids or fell and ended up bruised)

I hope it's nothing other than a mischevious daughter-to-be just rolling and causing me discomfort.

But, she's never made me vomit several days in a row...It's been the first meal of the day for the last two days now. I can get maybe 90% of my food down and then BAM, out of nowhere, up it comes...THAT is unusual for my particular pregnancy. I've had vomiting in the past with this pregnancy but never like this, never as ONLY the first meal of the day.

Combined with the excessive need to clean lately, I'm sort of wondering if she may be trying to tell me she's planning on coming early????

Coyld you have a bug of some sort? If not ive read alot of ms coming back in third tri. Certainly hasent left me alone this whole preg! And no im not having a girl! I wish the myth was true!:)

Just had to add, keep your fluids up, you dont want to end up in hospital:hugs:

Prior to the dizzy spells and vomitting, I felt sick for about 4-5 days, so maybe a bug??? Hope to get some answers on Monday, dizzy/fainting spells are pretty damn scary when I'm home alone and hubby has the only car :(

Ive only one dizzy spell, this preg and it was scary! Fortunately i was in a hospital at the time supporting my friend, but it was horrible! :hugs:

Ive only one dizzy spell, this preg and it was scary! Fortunately i was in a hospital at the time supporting my friend, but it was horrible! :hugs:

I had 3 dizzy spells in the store today :( Nick was with me, thank God, and caught me, but he's limiting me to either one of those scooter/cart things if I go, or he's limiting me to staying home :nope: I feel like I'm getting cabin fever as it is!

I've been drinking children's Pedialite (my doctor told me to) to keep myself hydrated. But he says that if I have any more issues that I'm to go to the hospital and we'll keep my Monday appointment, and possibly add to it, if needed.

I know I'm due for my 34wk ultrasound on Monday, but who knows now with this fainting/dizzy stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->