Fainting and dizziness

Khadijah-x

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm 12+2 today whoooo :happydance: seemed like forever to get past 12 weeks... can't quite believe it!

Anyhoo.. today I was stood cooking and my eyes went 'tight' and stars in them... my head went woozy and I felt hot and sick. I quickly sat down. I felt okay then 5 mins later it happened again. My ears went blocked and convinced I was going to faint.. so close!

Is this normal?

It happens to me a lot!
It's common during pregnancy and it's due to a low BP.
There's not much we can do except sitting down or best laying with legs elevated and making sure we drink lots of fluid.

Thank you! I have low blood pressure anyway so with pregnancy making it even lower, it's no doubt that it's going to make me feel rough! I spoke to the doctor who said heading towards 20 weeks blood pressure will get lower and lower. After 20 weeks it starts to rise again. He said to drink 2 litres of water a day and increase my salt intake.

Deffo sounds like Low BP, my mum experienced it with me and was told Low BP is better than High BP... she often would faint, one time my dad was infront of her in the shop talking away without realising she fainted :/ oops

She had to drink plenty of water with me and was told to eat little but often (that info may of changed as I'm 28) x

I used to get this often during my first pregnancy, lots of fluids and eating little and often helped me a lot!

The same thing happened to me during my first pregnancy, and I also had (have) low blood pressure. I nearly fainted on a very warm day after standing for too long. It's never happened since.

Make sure you're getting enough iron too. I have lbp too but if you make sure you are taking a good iron it should help. You just don't want to be deficient and most of us don't absorb pill form iron very well. Fainting can be caused by anemia and low iron is linked to learning disabilities and ADHD. Not worth the risk! Take care

It definitely can be! I had near faints almost immediately, like 5 weeks in. Turned out my heart rate went up 30 bpm resting which was odd for that early, but on top of that it's common because our bodies are starting to pump more and more blood which we're not used to. Your body should get a little more accustomed, so for now just do what you're doing already and have a seat when you feel dizzy!

However! If it doesn't improve over time or you feel other symptoms along with it that worry you, definitely bring it up to your OB so they can check your blood sugar, heart etc, just in case!

This is quite common I think, I get it if I stand for too long or stand up too fast. I find it's better if I eat little and often x

Happens to me too. My midwife says blood sugar or low blood pressure. She says when your preg your blood sugar can spike and fall suddenly which could cause it. My bp runs low to begin with, she suggested eating more salt to help bring it up a bit. Worth a shot xx

My Doc mentioned the salt too. How much 'more'? Did your midwife say? x

She didn't specify, she just said have more salty snacks :flower:

Ahh thank you I will try that. My blood pressure was checked 90/60. Pregnancy sure does take over our whole bodies ! :D

I got that a lot in my 2nd pregnancy and starting to get it again in this pregnancy, mines is down to my low blood pressure and low iron levels, haven't had my iron levels checked with this pregnancy so not sure what my iron levels are at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->