Fainting

dani_tinks

Mum to one of each
Reaction score
So last night I was at a friends wedding reception, all going well was a lovely do. then all of a sudden I felt sick, nothing weird there :p i've been suffering from morning sickness since go. But then my head went all pins and needles like and my ears were hummin and I thought I was going deaf, then I started sweating like I was set on fire then all of a sudden I went wobbly and had to sit down.
Anyone else gone like this? Should I be worried? Will baby be affected?ARGH.
Luckily my OH was standing with me and took me home, heads all mushy this morning like i've been drinking and i'm hungover. :wacko: (didn't drink anything but coke!)
xxx

Im not really sure hun, maybe you could give your midwife a quick ring, explain to her and then she might tell you to go in and get checked out, just to make sure everything ok. Sorry i couldnt be of more help xxx

This keeps happening to me too. Has happened 4 or 5 times in the last week or so. It's horrible. I have a midwife appointment on tues so gonna ask her about it then. On lots of things I've read it says fainting and faintness are common in week 14-16 as your blood volume increases xx

Mmm thanks. I dunno i'm 19 coming on for 20 weeks now :-/
i'm seeing my midwife on Weds so I guess i'll ask her bout it then, I just can't stop worrying now though. OH thinks it's cus I was standing all evening but I dunno why thatd make me pass out? Hmmmf. Need to calm down! lol

I had exactly the sae thing happen to me at 12/13 weeks... I was on holiday and we were touring a building. It was a very stuffy building and I didn't realise that I was getting hot and stuffy until we were standing in the chapel. I suddenly started to feel VERY hot, then I started to feel faint and stumbled my way to the nearest chair. Fortunately it was the end of the tour and I felt a LOT better after sitting down and taking some layers of clothing off (I was in Alaska at the time). Felt even better after getting outside and getting some fresh air.

I have low blood pressure (about 90/60), so this will contribute to it. Do you have low blood pressure?

I would say that you have nothing to worry about: you were in a hot and stuffy room and (like me) just probably didn't consciously notice, until you body said "Oi!" and then you did something about it (sit down, fresh air, drink of water).

Baby will be fine: our bodies (or theirs) are very clever and the baby is preserved at all costs :winkwink:

The most important thing (for your comfort) is to always listen to yur body: keep cool, keep hydrated and try to avoid stuffy situations for long :thumbup:

If you are still worried, then call your MW - never hurts to discuss concerns with them :winkwink:

QT

I tend to find it happens to me a lot in shops etc because they tend to be quite stuffy. Or if I'm cooking, so what QT said explains it all :) xx

Maybe it could be due to low blood pressure? I would defo ring the MW and get checked over xx

Really? What a relief, yes I have a low blood pressure too, something quite similar to yours actually I think. It was a hot room so that makes sense. Thanks hun :)thats kind of calmed me down a little hehe I will speak to her on Weds though, I think i'll be going in with a list haha! xx

I had this for a few weeks, actually it was probably around 16-19 weeks, its awful, i felt so shitty, spoke to my midwife and she said it was quite normal, just another one of those weird pregnancy things!

Lots of fainting can also be a sign of anaemia so if you're exceptionally tired (stupid symptom to look out for when pregnant I know!) or get short of breath easily that could be another possible cause xx

I tend to find it happens to me a lot in shops etc because they tend to be quite stuffy. Or if I'm cooking, so what QT said explains it all :) xx

Oh COMPLETELY agree - shops are amongst the worst... Boots & M&S being amongst the worst offenders :nope:

I also find that te things I was are often on the bottom shelf - so I have to croutch down to look at them or get them... I need to be VERY slow getting down and getting up again! :wacko:

I have always had low blood pressure, but it is een lower during pregnancy... it is COMPLETELY normal, you just have to be careful. Low blood pressure is no risk to the baby: they still get what they need and part of the reason that you are fainting is that all of your blood is going to supply baby and your major organs and your head is the last serves :winkwink:. The risk, to you, of fainting comes if you ignore the signs and fall (and bash your head or something). Again, baby is well protected deep inside :hugs:. So always "go with it" and sit down (if there isn't a chair around, then sit on the floor).

QT

Lots of fainting can also be a sign of anaemia so if you're exceptionally tired (stupid symptom to look out for when pregnant I know!) or get short of breath easily that could be another possible cause xx

So worth mentioning to MW :thumbup:

Although even anaemia is not a big threat to baby either: baby gets what he/she needs from you... it is you who is likely to end up in worse shape, but slowly, over time...

QT

This happened to me a lot even before I became pregnant. The doc said it was due to low blood pressure - try to stay well hydrated. I agree with the others though about mentioning it to your mw.

Ugh, I hate that sensation, the rushing sound in the ears, the tunnel vision, the feeling like I've broken out in a cold sweat. This used to happen to me all the time as a child in church because we'd go to the early mass and we weren't allowed to eat beforehand. A combo of low blood pressure and low blood sugar. I often start to black out if I've been sitting too long and then stand up. I had it quite a bit in the early part of first tri, but it seems to have settled for now.

So last night I was at a friends wedding reception, all going well was a lovely do. then all of a sudden I felt sick, nothing weird there :p i've been suffering from morning sickness since go. But then my head went all pins and needles like and my ears were hummin and I thought I was going deaf, then I started sweating like I was set on fire then all of a sudden I went wobbly and had to sit down.
Anyone else gone like this? Should I be worried? Will baby be affected?ARGH.
Luckily my OH was standing with me and took me home, heads all mushy this morning like i've been drinking and i'm hungover. :wacko: (didn't drink anything but coke!)
xxx

this happened to me, but i actually did pass out .. i was on my own too =( i went to the hospital and they said it was hypodermia .. a drop in my blood pressure. checked me and baby, everything was fine x

ah thanks girls, youve really helped put my mind at rest a little. it is scary though isnt it.. i just didnt know what was happening to me at the time, was totally freaked out.
went for a walk today to get my blood pumpin and will see midwife on weds to have a good old chat about stuff but yah thanks again :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->