Fake tan for labour?

xblondiex

Reaction score
Ok so i know im going to be bleeding loads and losing water and gooey bits and nothings going to be glam about it but im extremely pale and my oh has always seen me with a dark glowing tan so i was thinking of doing my tan (if lucky enough to get it done in time) for labour. Will it be ok to wear tan? What if i have to have an emergency section? X

I think it will be fine. I don't think it will effect anything if you have a section.
I got fully waxed at 39 weeks so you will def be able to get a spray tan in time. Go for it :)

Is it one that is easily sweat off? I used to wear a very high quality one but with intense amounts of sweating (such as labour) I would be concerned that it would sweat off in patches.

Should be fine but you might turn the white hospital sheets orange, lol.

Thanks so much for the advice :) its st moriz its not too bad at rubbing off so should be ok hope i dont leave orange marks anywhere and hoping it doesnt come off in the pool if i get to have 1 x

I don't know how much of yourself you're planning to tan, but if you're intending to breastfeed, you might want to look into whether the tan will be safe if baby ends up ingesting any of it.

I dont intend on breast feeding but good point cant see that being good for the baby x

It could come off in the pool if you're in there a while! I had St. Tropez on for our anniversary and we had a hot tub and when we drained it there was a brown ring around the whole tub. That was attractive.

I never thought about that :( i planned on havin a water birth too but not sure if ill be able to anyway x

If you had to go for surgery they would have to put antiseptic on that area, maybe that would rub the tan off? Also the antiseptic wipes before they cannulate your hand/arm might rub the tan off? And if they couldn't get the needle in first time then you could end up with several patches where they wiped your arm. Not sure if it would rub the tan off or not though.if not, no worries lol x

I wouldnt mind if they wiped some off my stomach as no1 will be seeing that area my main concern would be infection from the tan. I didnt think about arms either i might be having a drip on monday i presume theyd want to rub my tan off id just have to ask for a huge plaster :haha:

Do whatever makes you feel better, but I can guarantee your OH won't be focussing on what shade you are (and quite frankly you probably won't care what shade you are for at least six months after the birth anyway).

and also if you intend to have a skin to skin with your gooey slippery newborn baby it might rub the tan off and it may end up on your baby as well. also, if you get to use the tub and have someone rub on your back to relieve the pressure it may take it off too.

...if i were you i'd rather go without and let him see you in your real light - you're about to push his baby out and that's the most important thing. i think neither you or him will care about the tan in that moment. and still - better your own original ivory skin than uneven patches - i am personally very dark but i find the extremely white skin enchanting.

I guess pale is better than patchy but tanned is better than both lol im just going to pray it stays nice. I plan on doing my tan monday as i might be being induced im so nervous! X

I probably wouldn't bother in case it comes off in patches plus if I'm totally honest I think the fact you are a bit paler will be the last thing on your oh's mind, he probably wouldn't notice (knowing men lol).

I would be more worried about the upkeep once baby is here - you probably won't be bothered with it.

Like one if the other girls said my worry is keeping trim before labour lol - I love the things we worry about he he x

Yea ur probably right ill see if i have the energy to put it on haha xx

Honestly I think it's just safer not to use the spray tan. It's labor, not a beauty contest.

I guess pale is better than patchy but tanned is better than both lol im just going to pray it stays nice. I plan on doing my tan monday as i might be being induced im so nervous! X

I think you should do whatever beauty rituals you think will make you feel great. Nothing like a boost of confidence! I've gotten tons of spray tans, they don't rub off, even when you want them to! He he.... Antiseptics won't remove them either. As long as you have showered after the initial set time your good, esp if using one with instant bronzers or tint to help you see where you've put it, BC that stuff will wash off after you've waited the appropriate hours to let it set, its meant to be temporary for an instant boost of color or even placement. You know, you can also get in a tanning bed, they've actually changed their stance on it while pregnant and have actually found its really beneficial, but that's up to you. No worries of rub off with it though. You also could consider the gradual glow/bronzing lotions that build it up over like week. Jergens and several other company's do them now and they can be found at walmart. Personally, I plan on doing a tanning bed for a week, getting my hair cut and coloured, nails and toes done and a prenatal massage about a week previously, a whole day of serene relaxation prior to my life changing moment. It is the end of just me, hello motherhood. I want to make the end special! Or more appropriately, the beginning of the rest of my life!

as far as i know, they don't recommend hair dye being done during breastfeeding in europe (and i presume pregnancy as well), as the chemicals used can be potentially harmful to the baby.

and i agree with the previous poster on pampering yourself before the birth as a little "me time" before the great change is beneficial, but it should be done with regards to the pregnancy and the safety of you and your baby.

and also, i think that your OH seeing you untanned shouldn't be THE reason behind you getting a spray tan for the labor. you are having a child with that man and he (and you) should accept yourself the way you really are, and not what you appear to be. if he can't handle your real tan, how do you expect him to handle the labor and all its unglamorous joys like farting, pooping, bleeding, sweating, cursing and your vayaya opening up to push a baby's head out? all these are just a normal part of the process and not some gross mortifying things. they happen. like breathing and eating. and us in the first place shouldn't be judgmental to our own selves and our own bodies.

i'm all up for pampering, me time and relaxation, but to be honest... i'd rather work on accepting my own self than on getting a spray tan. the motherhood brings about so many changes on all levels, and acceptance and patience are two skills to zen-master imho...

(ps. i am sorry if i came through as a bit rough, i don't mean to hurt anybody :hugs: )

Haha so true... nothing like seeing poo smeared on your butt to make it real between you and your OH!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->