Fake tan in the early weeks?!

Babybump2017

Reaction score
I'm roughly 6 weeks.. possibly 7 but won't know until my scan. I'm feeling disgustingly pale (religious spray self tanner) but since I found out I was pregnant nearly a week ago I haven't touched it! I know they say mousses and creams are okay but what about the spray? I normally use St. Moriz spray. I've heard when pregnant skin is more sensitive and it can cause a reaction, is this the only reason they say spray isn't as safe? Anyone else still using spray tan?!

The skin is our bodies largest organ and a quick way into the bloodstream, honestly I don't see the benefit of possibly risking it.

I used mousse all the way through last time around, used it a couple of times this time. I've never tried spray though! I asked my midwife last time and she said it's ok. There is no evidence it's harmful at all, have a read up and make your own mind up as people will have lots of different opinions on here x

If they say creams and mousses are fine, they have the same ingredients as the at-home sprays (not from a machine) so my guess is that the only concern of the spray would be from breathing it in. I would say either do your spray in a well ventilated area (let's face it we all ignore that advice while not pregnant, I've dyed my hair before in the tiniest windowless bathrooms!) or go with a different method of fake tan. But there is nothing in them that can hurt the pregnancy through your skin - it's not as if they are harsh chemicals that come with all sorts of warnings.

Oh and I meant to say, possibly wearing a mask thing if you decide to use the spray. I don't think it would hurt the baby to breathe it in but you might as well be cautious, plus it could make you feel sick

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->