Fake tan

Noodlebear

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good quality but affordable fake tan? I'm super pale and the sun generally hates me and I've decided that for once I'd like to have a bit of a glow for the summer! But I don't wanna look like I'm from Essex ;) (just messing!) Never really tried fake tan before so preferably something that I can't mess up :haha: My OH got me some stuff from wilkos aaaaaages ago but I haven't ever used it because it was really cheap and that worries me lol.

I'm very very pale and find most tans look stupid on me. I usually don't bother. However, if I put the effort in the best one I've found is St Moritz mousse. It's the cheapest one but don't let that put you off. Even I, a total amateur, can't make it streaky. And it's a subtle colour

I'm very very pale and find most tans look stupid on me. I usually don't bother. However, if I put the effort in the best one I've found is St Moritz mousse. It's the cheapest one but don't let that put you off. Even I, a total amateur, can't make it streaky. And it's a subtle colour

What shade do you use?

The Asda gradual tan stuff works well but smells fake tany! I just treated myself to some Clarins facial tanner because everything else makes me spotty. According to the reviews it lasts absolutely ages so works out well price wise but we'll see!

Ive used st tropez fake bake etc .. but always go back to the cheapy one st moritz!

Always comes out a nice brown and not orange! and its like £3

Think I'll give it a go! Hopefully won't end up all streaky with funky looking elbows and knees :haha: is it face-friendly? Lol.

Definitely st moritz! It's face friendly but id get the spray rather than mousse for the face! It's brilliant stuff, so cheap too!

Before you do it make sure you exfoliate and moisturize your body .. i do this for 3 days before i apply .. and obv go easy on the elbows n knees lol x

Before you do it make sure you exfoliate and moisturize your body .. i do this for 3 days before i apply .. and obv go easy on the elbows n knees lol x

^This. make sure you do this. If you have any dry skin that's going to exfoliate, it can make your fake tan patchy as it happens. So exfoliate and moisturize really well a few days before, and make sure you moisturize really well daily once its done.

It's been years since I've done a fake tan, lol. Been too lazy to do the proper moisturizing upkeep, etc, and I hate the smell of fake tan lotions. But its def way better for your skin safety than tanning beds or a real tan from outside. Don't put as much lotion on knees, elbows, feet as you do the rest of your body to try and minimize it looking really dark in those areas.

St Moriz mousse! I used to use St Tropez, but Moriz is so much cheaper and personally, I think it's a more natural colour. Really nice sort of olive/biscuity shade rather than the slightly reddish tinge some other ones have.

Just saw this on MSN this morning...
https://living.msn.com/style-beauty...r-tips/10-flawless-sunless-tanner-secrets-2#1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->