Fakes

thelilbump

♥ mummy to a princess ♥
Reaction score
Just a word of warning that there seems to be a lot of fake blueberries and bumgenius nappies knocking about on ebay at the moment. I guess its needless to say as with everything you buy from there, but just becareful buying nappies somewhere like that, if it seems cheap there's possibly a reason!

According to another thread i just read 'elsewhere' bumgenius are going to introduce unique manufacturers codes for each of there nappies to help stop this. Don't know about BB's though.

OMG! how pathetic is that! Just goes to show what depths some people go to extorting money out of people doing something for a good cause. Pathetic. I suggest if anyone comes accross these fakes they should report it to ebay right away !! :mad: xxx

Yeah I wondered how some were so cheap on ebay- how can you possibly tell though?

Heres one way to kick these idiots in the teeth!

If you buy one, and recieve it and suspect it is fake open a dispute. They will "try" and get you to return the item for a refund - but DONT. Battle it out! I brought some SUPER expensive headphones I thought were real, turns out they were cheap knock-offs!! So i disupted it under counterfeit goods and they tried to make me send them back. I didn't ! I told them to shove it up their butts and that the only place these headphones were going is in the BIN!! (they didn't of course, i still have them ;) ) so I told paypal I would not be sending them back and I expect the money to be refunded ASAP as it is ILLEGAL to be in possesion of counterfeit goods and sending it back would be a complete contradiction.

I won the case and got refunded :D ... I also got to keep the crappy headphones... I guess you could call it a consolation prize :lol: I can imagine they were very royally pee'd off =D

Serves em right I say!

x

It's hard to tell if they are fakes or not from the pics but I wouldnt say buy these
10 new bumgenius

As the seller has a rating of 4, as looking at them, they were buying not selling items, and the account has only been active since August 09. I find it hard to believe someone would start selling 10 brand new Bumgenius' on Ebay as their first sell.

I could be well wrong but I wouldnt buy anything of anyone with such a low rating and no seller feedback, especially when it seems too good to be true.

I also think the colour of the nappies looks a bit off but I guess that could just be the camera x

dodgy feckers aint they :|
i agree about the colours on those ones, first thing i noticed lol

The same seller has ten organic AIOs up too....I noted the green looked off but it may just have been thier camera.....

i hadnt looked on ebay for nappies today i had been very well behaved but now ive clicked on that link then instead of turning ebay off ive clicked on the 'nappies' section and am now trawling through again!!!!!!

I just can't bring myself to trust ebay! I've bought a few preloved ones off there though but would rather spend my money on new nappies from the proper sites.

i had a nosey and they're also packaged wrong all the authentic ones i've brought have the band across the front of the nappy showing the aplix or poppers - the lighter colours grasshopper and sunbeam are lighter so could match the colours shown but with them not showing the front and the bands being different ways up etc i wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

had a look at the ad for the organic AIOs which says velcro fastening - these are only available in poppered - the sized aio's are velcro!!

How can you tell if they're real or not?
I'm going to try and sell some new nappies on ebay and its the first thing I'll have sold! They're real I promise!!!!lol!!!!

I'm not really sure tbh, a lot of the complaints were coming later when the nappies were falling apart before they should, being sent back to manufacturer to discover they weren't real at all. I guess there are a few tell tale signs like colours and the covers etc as mentioned.

One thing I can tell you though is that no retailer (store) should be selling BG on auction sites as they forbid it, £15 OS BB's are also unlikely from a store at least. Note 'unlikely' not impossible tho!

I saw a couple of weeks ago aswell that usednappies.co.uk were
selling the £15 brand new bb's aswelland. Thought it was a bit iffy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"