Fallen out with OH step Mum

B

Becca xo

I've had a falling out with my OH step Mum, to be honest it has been building up for a while so doesn't really surprise me.

Well basically her daughter had a baby recently & me and my OH know as soon as he was born that we wouldn't get a look in, yeah fair enough her daughter is blood but end of the day she called our LO her grandson too. So we just carried on as normal and they apparently came around every Thursday evening to see us well they knew this is the day I go shopping with my Mum & Dan works late. Anyway last night she wrote a status on facebook that she invited the whole family over for a Sunday roast well shock horror we didn't get invited which hurt me a little as we are meant to be family as my OH dad is married to her, her daughter then put a status and tagged the whole family in it and I then felt really left out so I put one saying I love how me & Dan get invited to things... her daughter then asked me what it was about I just ignored her & his brother and his girlfriend showed up at mine saying they thought it was bang out of order that they didn't invite us & then they all slagged me off and saying I force my OH to work all the hours and I sit on my arse all day. I then told my OH youngest brother what she did to my OH last year about her stealing money off his card as he found money missing from his bedroom so I assumed it was her again, she then got angry at me for telling him well she knew she was in the wrong so why did I have to keep my mouth shut? Now there is so much tension and she saying I should look at myself before judging her, it's pissing me off now & I don't even want her in my house now.

:hugs: i know how you feel hun im going through something similar with my b/f's mum and stepdad, to be honest i don't know what to do about it - i know his whole family hate me, we always get left out of stuff and its got to the point we hardly talk - but it is getting awkward now with peoples birthdays and christmas coming up. i don't really have any advice just wanted to let you know you're not alone with this stressful crap!! people can be arseholes..when it started i thought 'fuck them' but now its getting harder and more awkward for my b/f :nope: but at the same time, we cant just let people treat us like shit.

thinking of you on this one hun xx :hugs:

My MIL pissed me off so bad once we didnt see her for a year. She finally apologized and now we're ok :) My hubby was fine with it b/c he knows I was in the right. She picks up and leaves all the time so i didnt feel bad about keeping my daughter away from her. Not like she made any attempt to see her either. I was better off. I hate giving people power over me. Rather have them out of my life then making myself sick with stress.
Good luck with your situation hon! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->