False negatives

Allysonjean24

Reaction score
I had some light spotting (only on the toilet paper) on 6dpo of a 27-28 day cycle and then very slight cramps for two days after that, cramps are gone now. I've also been pretty tired, been having hot flashes and one dizzy spell so far, and sweating SO much! I've also been pretty moody and had sore boobs-both if those things usually happen to me before my period, but they're usually much more severe that what I'm experiencing right now.

Anyway, I broke down and tested on 6, 7, & 8 dpo even though I said I wouldn't. They were all bfns but I'm really not that disappointed because I expected that since I tested so early and none of the tests were first thing in the morning. Am I out for the month or is it really still too early to know anything? When should I try again? AF is 7 days away.

Getting a positive before 10 dpo is very rare. You are in no way out. It is rare to even implant before 7 dpo and then a positive takes at least 48 hours to appear. Implantation can be from 6-12 dpo and your positive wouldn't appear for at least 48 hours after that completes(and even implantation itself can takes several days). It also can sometimes take a week or more after implantation to get enough hcg in your urine to get a proper positive on a typical hpt. You are in no way out testing so super early.

I agree. I've even known of people who took several weeks, after when would be expected, to get a BFP, and then went on to have successful pregnancies. I think some people just take longer to register a hCG, and since you're testing so early, you are definitely not out. Your symptoms sound promising. I hope you get a positive soon!

Yeah you're never out till AF shows...
Also... I saw your post and did a double take. Allyson jean is my name too ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"