false positive?

ktsl123

Reaction score
I don't know what to do!
2 days after my missed period I took a pregnancy test, one of those that says "pregnant" or "not pregnant" it said "pregnant" when I took it.
Then the next morning I went to take another one just to be sure, a different brand though (fact plus) a +- one and it was negative! Now I am on my 5th day with no period. I just don't get it! I am so frusterated.

why don't you go to a clinic and take a free pregnancy test. Sometimes they charge but its like 10 bucks. One thing I can tell you is that a dr once told me you can always get a false negative but its very very hard to get a false positive. Do you want to be pregnant?

I've always heard that the +/- tests aren't NEAR as accurate as the digital ones. I'd say there is a good chance that you ARE pregnant.

Hi ktsl123,
I'll suggest you to have a blood test done..
It will be a clear answer for you...
:dust: baby dust for u !

Its rare you will get a false positive, and the digi ones are more accurate......Although a -+ test should be showing up 5 days late. Id head to your GP and have a blood test. Hope you get your BFP!

Hi

Just like Hels says, false positives are very rare and mostly from the tests that you have to get a line/two lines with. Do you still have the packaging of the tests you took? If you look at the instructions does it tell you what sensitivity the tests are? The ones I used were 25ml hcg per 100ml of urine (just to give you an example of what to look for).

Did you use first morning urine to test? the HCG is always stronger at this time.

hcg of 50+ for a digital & definatly accurate. If you take the stick out you will/should see 2 lines.

Was the second test you used a reliable brand?

hcg is/can be low at this stage & for a +/- test you may need strong water?

Other causes of this kind of result is chemical pregnancies ... happened to sorry to say :(

i would head to your gp and see what he says an request a blood test!

So I went to the Doctor on the 5th day of my missed period and I told my doctor that I am always 331/2 days on my period and never late and that I took one preg test that said positive and the next morning I took 2 more test and they said negative. I also told her that I had very light cramping for 2 days. Well I took a blood test and a urine test and they were negative. My Doctor said that most likely it was a chemical pregnancy. She said that it happens with 1 in every 6 pregnancies. If anyone doesn't know what it is it is where your egg is fertilized but shortly after it dissolves (most of the time because of chromosome problems with the egg or sperm.) She said I most likely took the test while the egg was fertilized (because the hcg levels go up at the point of fertilization) and then back down until implanantion when it goes up again. It made sense because about 2 days before I took the positive test my husband and I had sex and I heard it could take anywhere from 12 to 48 hours for the sperm to reach the egg. So anyway right after I left the Doctors office I got my period and I knew for sure that I wasn't pregnant because it was a normal period. I was bummed but the next time I try to get pregnant I would like to plan it exactly according to when I ovulate.
I just want to make sure that the egg is fresh.

aaawwwwww hunni ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

its harder to get a false positive than a false negative-- with that in mind most likely its a positive it may of been early one one if u used differeent brands but one showed pos. becasue it could detect a smaller amount of the hormone---

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->