FAM vs Advanced w/ FF

SweetTart78

Reaction score
Hey

For all of you that use FF, which method is better, FAM or Advanced? FF reccommends Advanced but i have read FAM is better. Anyone care to share which they use....thanks :)

From what I've been told and researched, Fam is proven, based on temps alone, 3 higher temps by .2° then the precious 6. Advanced is ff own version and it takes all Symptoms into consideration. What I have concluded is that if you have regular cycles, or have been charting for years, Fam is good, but if you have irregular cycles or are new to charting go with advanced. A lot of times they agree anyway. I personally use advanced, because my cycles are irregular. But I do check with Fam to see if/how much of a difference there is in an off month or an O discrepancy (like this month haha). So its a personal choice up to you. I know another board that if you ask for chart help, they won't even help too unless you change the settings to advanced. Sorry to ramble...hope that helps!

Yes it did help, thanks. I been switching between fam and advanced to see differences and it not much of one like u said :)

I always used advanced, too. It takes more things into considarations in this option. Have your tried ovufriend? (https://ovufriend.com)- In my opinion is much better than ff and it takes even more things into account when determining your O time. It's new and it's now in beta stage (or something like that) so it's for free now :) I've changed from FF to OF.

I totally agree with @deemarie1223 about the difference. Mine usually match. However, they didn't this month, but it only varied by one day. Of course that one day could be annoying, but I tried to think about which I thought was more accurate. It's good to switch between them and look.

I'm using ovufriend as well. It agrees with day 13. FF said day 13 on FAM and day 14 on Advanced. I'm also using tcoyf which agrees with day 13. :blush: Yes, I use them all. :haha: I recommend trying them all out to see what you think.

Good luck! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->