family and childcare...please help me!!

phuzz82

mum of 1
Reaction score
hi everyone

i'll get straight to the point....

just after i had my son my aunty got made redundant. my mum suggested that we 'hire' her to look after my boy when i returned to work. reluctantly i agreed. however i was only at work for 2 days before having a massive breakdown and being signed off with sever PND. my aunty was not sympathetic and was concerned about loosing her job so i agreed to let her still look after him for a couple of hours most days. i still paid her for a full days work. some days i made plans to be out so didn't need her to work so did not pay her. also when she was unwell or working elsewhere i did not pay her.

when i returned to work i had to give up my management roll because of my health and therefore took a pay cut which meant i could not afford to pay my aunty so had to 'let her go' and find cheaper childcare.

this was 2 months ago and she is now threatening to start court proceedings to sue me for the money that i did not pay her for the days that she did not work.

i have no idea where i stand now. does anyone have any advice for me or can you point me in the direction of someone who can help?

huge thanks in advance for any replies / support / advice!

:shock:

I don't know what to suggest hon, but I wouldn't have thought she'd have a case... I would go to the CAB xx

I would tell her she was lucky to get as much out of you as she did because you would have terminated her employment sooner if you hadn't felt sorry for her!

As pp said, have a chat with the CAB as they should be able to tell you where you stand. Also you could have a word with a solicitor - you usually get a free first consultation for advice xx

No advice but didn't wanna read and run!

:hugs:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back