family contributions to wedding

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
ive seen a few people say their parents and inlaws are paying quite a bit towards the wedding, did they offer or did you ask? i dont want to ask as i find it cheeky like but so far no one has offered to help us, all theyve said is oh you dont need a proper venue with sit down meal, you just need a pub reception, oh you dont need to get married in hotel, just go to the registry office :dohh:

Liam's parents offered and I asked my mum what she wanted to pay as she'd made it clear she wanted to contribute :thumbup:

Our parents offered, and we are paying the rest ourselves xxx

My mum can't really afford but is helping with the planning etc. Oh's parents always said they would contribute so when we booked the venue we had a chat about how much and they gave us a figure, we are putting the rest towards but they have payed the majority x

Erm,my MIL just asked how much the reception was- I told her and she said she'd pay for it. My mum made shotgun that she paid for the bridesmaids so that was her thing. My Dad I just gave a list- I didnt ask him or let him have his opinion- if he said he wasnt paying for anything then he wouldnt have got an invite...sorry that sounds wrong but my Dad is really tight and its about time he put his hand in his pocket.

I asked my mum and my dad to match what we're putting in.

well ive just got off the phoen to my mam, i asked her when my grandads birthday was, saying it would be lovely to get married on that day, she said august 24th :shock: so i said oh no theres no way we could afford to get married in 7months!!! she said she is gna ask my dad and she will let me know later whether they can pay for half the wedding as she would love for me to get married on his bday!!! so we might be bringing it forward!!

x

aww that would be lovely having it on your grandad's birthday...hope you get your wish :)

Mine are not, well we have not asked them too.

We are paying for most ourself, but my dad is buying my car so I guess that helps in some way lol xx

p.s I think they would if we asked, but if we have enough, I dont really want to ask if you get me. I may need it one day LOL. x

thats what i said to my mam, i didnt want to ask but i knew if i needed help and they were able to help they wouldnt say no x

My parents have always made it known that they had set aside 5k for my wedding as they did the same for my brother. With FIL passing in the spring of last year we didn't expect anything from his mom tbh. She said she's going to give us 4k to towards it, but we'll see when the time comes. She's on her own and on a fixed income so if she contributes that'd be freaking amazing, but we don't expect her to. :hugs:

Anything else above that we are going to carry out of our own pocket.

ETA: Exciting that your wedding could be pushed forward!!!!

im not sure im gna be able to do it, my mam spoke to my dad and he said he is unlikely gna be able to give us 3 grand, my mam said he might be able to pay half of the full costs but i just sat and worked out costs and its gna cost me £6500 if i get everything i want, obviously i can compromise on some stuff but its my big day, i dont want to lol

i think im gna have to just keep it as feb 16th, aww i got excited i could push it forward, i wanted horse and cart and i cant have it now cos itll be too cold in feb...BOO!

:( :nope:

Awww that sucks hun!!!! Can you think of other things that you are willing to sacrifice so you could have the horse and cart?

i can get £200 off the price if i dont have dj :shrug: i havent even included the horse and cart in that price :nope: for £5500, i have no transport to the venue, no flowers, no centerpieces and no photos cos im not sure how much theyll cost :( x

My dfs mum and dad are both giving us something my mum won't be paying and penny and she is making it very clear about that!

My dfs mum and dad are both giving us something my mum won't be paying and penny and she is making it very clear about that!

And now I feel bad about posting that, she has just called me saying she will give me 250 towards my dress. We won't be spending thousands as it is a very small wedding

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->