Family Law - Help

Kimmy25

Reaction score
Im currently experiencing an awful situ at the moment. Im currently fighting a contact order from a grandparent and have no idea what I am doing, Me and my partner both work so we arent entitled to any legal aid and are representing ourselves. I dont suppose anyone knows anything about it and could help?! :flower:

From my understanding of grandparent's rights, they cannot get contact unless they can prove they are an integral part of the child's life and that the child's life would be worse off if they weren't to see that grandparent. Can you explain more about the situation?

So did I however here goes lol..

My son has not had any contact with his paternal side of the family they met him when he was 2 weeks old and since weve had no contact direct or indirect. Out of the blue I received a court summons for a contact order. We had cafcass prepare a report social services checks and police checks done.

We were at court on monday and it has been adjourned until june for her to prepare a statement as to why she should have contact and how it would benefit my son. The stress is unbelievable my child doesnt even know who she is yet shes dragging me through this whole process!

Sorry for long response x

Oh and to add FOB still doesnt want any contact just her

I know another woman went through the same thing as well on BnB. Turned out, the grandparent really couldn't do anything as there is no way she could prove the child would be emotionally damaged by the lack of contact :hugs:

I know it's stressful, but it sounds like she doesn't have a leg to stand on.

I really hope not its eating me up..Yeh im also in touch with the woman who went through similar :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->