Fancy dress - American Women theme

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
Hi

I've got a hen do coming up and the theme is American Women. I'm thinking of going as Audrey Hepburn 'Breakfast at Tiffanys' style but wondered if anyone had any other ideas? I have a black shift dress I can wear but I feel a bit self conscious about my mummy tummy, even wearing spanx, so I'm not 100% sure!

I hate fancy dress!

Jackie Onassis, Jessica Rabbit, Wonderwoman, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Marge Simpson.... ? Audrey Hepburn is classy and iconic, I think that's a good one and pretty easy to do :)

Audrey is a great choice - I watched this tutorial a while ago when I wanted to find out how to do her make up and it's awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUJaqWWMn6E

I think I'd go for Jackie Onassis - easy to do and very representive of America.

I'm not sure if the Holly Golightly character was meant to be American (don't think so) but Audrey Hepburn wasn't American.

Holly golightly was from Kansas or Nebraska or somewhere in Mid-America. Sorry, had to chime in, its my favorite movie. Now if I could only remember where she was from....

I do love the Jackie O idea though! Or you could do Snooki or Kim Kardashian! Rock the mommy tummy with both of those!

Thanks lades! That video is great! Thank you! I think Audrey herself was from Belgium. Holly Golightly is definitely American though. It's one of my favourite films too! I want Moon River to be my first dance song if I ever get married!

So, I reckon I should be able to get away with being Holly Golightly as an American Woman?! Will have a think on the other suggestions though :)

Last American themed party I went to, I went as that most iconic of women - The Statue Of Liberty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->