FAO anyone who suffered from SPD

foxyroxie

Reaction score
Hey ladies for those of you who suffered from spd how did labour/birth go im getting really worried im getting to the point where i cant sleep cause of it and crutches arent really helping anymore :cry: any info or advice would be appreciated :flower:

i was on cruthches through the last few months of my pregnancy, my physio said not to let them open my legs wide, but to be honest when i was in labour i didnt give it a thought, the pain was enough to take my mind of spd pain! and i didnt have my legs open wide anyway, but my labour was nice a quick and easy, my body just took over i dont remember having to actually do anything.

Dont worry the next day the pain was soooo much beter and a couple of months later i didnt notice it much, now 10 months later its completely gone unless i try to push something heavy with my foot or something :)

honestly try not to worry :hugs: i was also told i wouldnt be allowed a water birth as the side of the pool would be too high to get into with the pain but in labour they said it was fine, if i could do it i would be allowed, unfortunatly she came before the pool was fully ready!

You poor thing! The only advice I can offer is try to bear in mind that the pain will go the minute the baby is born. :)

i had major spd with my daughter and worse with my son, like you ended up on crutches that didnt really help, support belts etc painkillers. I can remember sitting at the side of my bed in tears because i could not get my legs into bed ie i couldnt part my legs it was that bad!

With my daughter i went through all labour pains etc to end up getting a c section and i was a planned section with my son (who was 11lbs! no wonder my hips were crumbling lol!)

I didnt go through the birth but all i have to say is as soon as that baby is out of you you will feel instant relief. it doesnt dissapear but it sure as hell not as bad. i could get in and out hospital beds fairly easily after zander. I think with labour your in so much pain and if you have a epidural you wont feel a thing im sure lol good luck hun youll be fine xxx

i wasn't on crutches but did have SPD quite bad. did not give it a thought in labour!!! Mind you my active labour was only about an hour so there wasn't time to think of much!

I had this, it effected my hips though instead of the symphasis pubis so it was more pelvic girdle pain apparently. I was on crutches from 23 weeks of pregnancy I think it was.

In all honesty, the pain of my hips whilst I was in labour was far worse than the pain of contractions, dilating and pushing. It was obviously nearly impossible to move about, so being in the same position for longer than 10 mins started to cause serious pain in both hips. I was lucky in that I arrived at the hospital having only used a TENS machine on a low setting to discover to my shock that I was ready to push! I think that when you've had months of pain which takes over your life, labour is easier to deal with.

Ollie was born at 6:22am, I left the hospital at 9:30pm the same day. I hobbled out with my crutches and that was the last time I used them :)

Good luck x

I had SPD and was in so much pain I was dreading labour. When I did go into labour though, that was so painful (sorry!) that I didn't even notice the SPD pain! I had a natural birth, but had a 3rd degree tear so ended up getting a spinal block to get stitched up. I had the spinal at about 2pm, and it wore off to the point where I could walk around at about 9pm and the SPD pain had COMPLETELY gone!

My SPD was pretty bad towards the end, and I could hardly walk, I actually remember driving round the carpark of the local out of town retail park to get to different shops as I couldn't even walk 50m anymore.

Honestly, labour will be fine! I ended up having to do everything that a woman with SPD shouldn't do, epidural, legs in stirrups etc. I'd wanted a waterbirth as my physio had recommended it, but ended up stuck on a bad with a drip as my waters had gone at home and labour slowed down, which resulted in an epidural, a ventouse delivery and an episiotomy so they had to go for the dreaded stirrups in the end:wacko:

My SPD has practically gone now, I get a bit of an achey groin if I walk too far with Harry in a sling, but other than that I'm pretty much back to normal, and the pain was gone almost instantly after birth :)

Tbh i hardly even noticed it during labour, i laboured on a birthing ball and gave birth on all fours, but although after i'd gave birth i had alot of relief it took a few weeks for the pain to totally go away

I have to say the pain in my pelvis as LO was crowning was worse than contraction pain and it was al I could focus on. It didn't "go the minute baby was born" either. I was still suffering and having to use the support belts and see the physio when I fell pregnant again 16 weeks later :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->