FAO Mums with LOs 4-10 weeks old

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Curious how often and how much feed your LOs are doing right now?

Caitlin is 7.3 weeks and getting 4oz down her is rare/ish its usually 3oz!

She wakes every 3 hours and when she is napping tbh most times shes not settled Im up and down like a yoyo thinking shes wakening or she does wake and either nod back off on her own or needs lay with!

She was 7lb when born and is now 8lb 7 shes really a petite baby theres no concern from HVs shes going up fine on the records ... keeping in mind she did the usually drop from birth then she was sicky followed by poorly & milk change. Weighed today and apparantly spot on the expected weight for her.

Would love more than a 3 hour break keeping in mind the 3 hours starts from the time bottle was given and not finished.

Ryan was 6 weeks on Tuesday. He will usually have a 4oz bottle every 3 hours during the day, and then go a long stretch of around 6 hours most nights, although some nights he will wake up around 3/4 too. He's starting taking 5oz bottles, though this is very occassionally (usually after his long sleep at night). Sometimes when he sleeps during the day, he will just have a short nap (around 15-30 mins) and then be wide awake again. He was 7lb7oz when he was born, and is following the expected weight gain. x

Whats his weight?

You in same bout then.

When hes awake does he cry? Caitlin doesn't do awake without 100% attention.

Oliver has a really good appetite. But its really hard to know how much feed he wants with him havin reflux and colic he cried alot and call me daft but i cant always tell if its cus he's hungry or uncomfortable...and no matter what he will take his bottle cus its comforting for him so we never actually know if its genuine hunger! He cries after he's eaten too and we cant work out again if he's still hungry or uncomfortable! Nightmare! His feedin pattern is all over the place at the min but not sure if he's headin towards another growth spurt?? One minute he'll takes about 5oz every 4hours- The next he wants it like every 2-3 hours but will only take 3oz! He was 6lb 8 at birth..I'm worried cus he's now 7wks 5days and weighs 10lb 11! It seems like such alot!! But HV says its healthy and is within the chart sooo. I am so suprised he is puttin on so much weight though with him havin reflux, seems v odd cus he dont keep much down! x

Gosh my woman is a slow grower but apparantly within the chart too!

Olivia is 4.5 weeks old and was 8lb13 born (baring in mind she was 15 days late) She dropped down to 8lb6, she was weighed on the 21st Jan and her new weight was 9lb10, She takes 4oz during the day every 4 hours but come evening she takes 5oz every 3 hours up until she settles which is usually around midnight and then sleeps right through until 8am - 9am sometimes but she usually wakes any where between 6am - 7am, she then bizarely only takes 4oz on her morning feed even after such a long sleep. I think she must bulk feed on a night or something but if you try and give her any more during the day she wont take it.

Whats his weight?

You in same bout then.

When hes awake does he cry? Caitlin doesn't do awake without 100% attention.

We just weighed him with clothes and dry nappy on, and got 11lb2oz :o

He doesn't really cry a lot, usually just when he wants something. He'll be a bit grizzly at night though when we're trying to put him to bed, and only manage to get to sleep after he's had a good cry and sometimes he'll fall asleep if he has a dummy for a bit. x

Hi ya

Caitlin's doing great.

Know what you mean about having more of a break - it's hard going sometimes isnt it.

Finlay has a bit of time under his play arch then he gets fed up so its into swinging chair then fed up so into baskrt, fed up so into sling etc - you get the jist!

He weighed 8lb 12 at birth and Wed at 4.5wks he was 10lbs 7oz, we dont have charts in my area so cant comment on him following one!

Sleep wise, he usually has one spell of 5 hrs then every 2-3 hrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->