Far tooo hot!

DonnaP

Reaction score
:wacko:

Just a query, does anyone know if there is a maximum working temperature. I work in a wee office with no window to open, yesterday it was 34 degrees and I was shattered (am 33 weeks pregnant) had to go outside and try and cool down spent the rest of the evening asleep cos totally knackered. Occ Health have been contacted numerous times and not in the least bothered.

Already 30 degrees today and Ive had it. Contacted Health and Safety and told them if something isnt done I need to start mat leave asap.!

Any advice.

Donna

Have a look here:

https://www.hse.gov.uk/temperature/law.htm

It sounds as though you're doing the right things so far, but you could try contacting your local environmental health officer and see what they say. You cannot be expected to work in heat like that.

Have you got a little fan you can take in, if it's yours you can selfishly put it 3 feet away and then not budge from it!!! I work in a school and it's something ridiculous like 32 or 35 degrees before we have the right to stop working.

Thanks.

Ive contacted my health and safety and they are coming to see me sometime this week. But Ive contacted my midwife, left a message cos baby not moved at all this morning, sooo unlike him he usually never stops.

Hi my partners secretary is pregnant and they got her a portable air conditioning unit, dont think they are to expensive.
I have been off sick but know how you feel i keep getting hot flushes even in the cold weather and am at home sat next to the air conditioning most the time lol.

Oh dear goodness that is way too hot!

Hopefully something can be done soon and hope that MW gets in touch with you. It is worrysome when the little one isn't shifting around but maybe they're a little quiet as they're a bit hot too?

It is rather hot here but that's due to the mini heatwave we've been experiencing which I hope will level off soon.

:hugs: Hope it gets sorted for you.

I have no idea how hot that actually is, but I can tell you I can be someplace relatively cool right now and still be hot. I am hot and miserable all the stinking time. :hugs:
If you can't take it, then keep up what you are doing and try to start your leave sooner. No reason to be miserable!

Being over heated is horrible. i actually get light headed, dizzy and generally feel sick when it happens to me. Can't be good for baby. make sure you are drinking a ridiculous amount and if they won't resolve the situation for you--i think leaving is wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->