Fashionable late, baby Jake

JayDee

Sunshine and rainbow
Reaction score
So where do I start?

29th Dec - lost some plug and noticed that body was clearing out but didn't think too much of it. Went to bed as normal... Woke up at 3am (also normal) and noticed a lot more plug on my normal trip to the loo. Went back to bed and started getting a couple of contractions, didn't think much of this either until I realised I'd peed 3 times in an hour (normally go once and that's it) and that contractions were getting a bit stronger and about 30 mins apart.

By 6am realised I wasn't going to back to sleep and couldn't get comfy through contractions (now about 20 mins apart lasting 30 seconds). Felt like a really bad hangover when your stomach churns and aches and makes you feel sick. Told DH I felt like I had a really bad hangover and wasn't appreciating the irony! Had told him to go back to sleep until then but decided he'd best stay awake with me after that.

7am I rang the hospital who told me to stay put for now and have a warm bath (yeah right!) Decided to opt for a shower instead. On the way there I did actually throw up (first of pregnancy so can't complain too much) - poor DH had to clean the carpet whilst I was in the shower. Stupidly decided to wash my hair as drying it would give me something to do. After 2 contractions in the less than 10 min shower decided I'd best dry my hair pretty quick!

8.30am Rang hospital again, contractions now every 3 mins but only lasting about 20 seconds. MW said I probably wasn't in established labour but if could come to the day unit to get checked if I wanted.

9.30am arrived at hospital and got checked - 8cm dilated(!!) and internal exam broke my waters(!!!) - not sure who was more shocked, MW or DH!
Quickly got transferred to delivery ward.....

Got settled, and discussed pain relief etc. I was given the gas and air sucker but didn't use it, still felt a bit sick, so decided I'd save it till I needed it. It was painful but just about bearable.

Didn't seem long before I started being told to push. Baby's heartrate was going up and down so a supervisor midwife came in to help - she basically just shouted at me until I started pushing properly to get him out - still no gas and air, just took some comfort in the fact that I had my foot in her side (and the other MW - instead of stirups).

I couldn't believe how much I could feel him move down my pelvis, and that pushing really is the same push as pooing. Once I got over the fact that I was basically trying to poo laid on a bed I got into it and he came out pretty quick. I needed a cut to make him fit but onyl felt the needle for the numbing agent, not the cut itself.

I can honestly say the most painful thing was the MW putting her finger in my bits to try and tell me where to direct the push, oh and the stitches being done afterwards.

11.35am Jake was born. He was sooo tiny, was expecting him to be quite big as he was over due but only 6lb 4oz. All I could say was "he's so tiny". Because of this I had to stay in hospital for 2 nights so they could keep an eye on his blood sugar/temperature. Pleased to report he's doing well and we're home now.

I know I was really lucky with this - 8 hours start to finish and no pain relief. The people on the delivery ward assumed it was my second baby cos he came so quick and easy - warned me that 2nd ones come quicker so not to waste time coming in if I ever have another one!

I also want to send love to people who didn't have as easy time of it as me - I know I am a very lucky exception to the rule, and even more lucky to have a happy, healthy baby :) I guess after keeping us waiting 10 days he decided he'd make a quick entrance...

congrats huni!!!....what a quick birth, glad u had a good experience :)

xxxx

congratulations and thank you for such a positve and basically, nice story..it's made me less scared b;)

Nicola xx

Thanks for sharing your birth story Jaydee! I must must must get round to mine but can hardly remember it!

Congrats again on the safe arrival of your gorgeous son xx

awh congrats! nice to see a positive story in light of all the more traumatic dec births! well done! x

Congrats! I only wish I had such a nice birth experience. :haha:

Congrats JayDee on the birth of baby Jake! So quick!! Your quite organized getting your written so soon.... I finally got around to it after a month! LOL

Well done JayDee! Congratulations on your handsome boy Jake! :happydance:

Congratulations and thanks for the birth story! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->