Fast First Time Premature Labour

missyfemale25

Reaction score
Hi All

Just thought I would share my experience of first time premature, spontaeous labour at 33 weeks + 4

From day 1 of finding out I was pregnant and after the dating scan I had a feeling I was going to have my lo early dont know why maybe because I was showing and in maternity clothes from about 8 weeks!!!!!
I woke up on the Friday morning with lower back pain and pain in my lower abdomen but I had had these pains all throughout my pregnancy so thought nothing of it, had breakfast then went to work as normal
Went to the toilet and found that I had some brownish discharge started to feel a bit funny so I left work then went down to the hospital
The midwives put me on a monitor for 4 hours to see what was happening, they told me that baby was fine and that I wasnt in labour (even though my plug was visible in a urine sample)
I went home, the next evening I was getting pains every 10 mins but again not bad enough for me to think they were labour pains (I was able to watch 3 movies comfortably) at about 2.00am we went to bed. I woke up at 3.15am to go to the loo as normal when my waters broke visciously
As i was so early the midwife on duty said to come in
I was examined and they couldnt even see my cervix let alone being dialated so the doctor said I wouldnt be having this baby until at least midday the next day
My contractions started to pick up and 3 hours later without Pain relief my little girl was born weighing in a healthy 5lb 4oz
She needed no help with her breathing, her eyes were open and alert and she only spent 3 weeks in SCBU
Personally I think i was 3 weeks ahead of what the midwives said I was
That was over a year ago
Thanks for reading

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back