• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fatigue 3 months post patrum

Cattia

Reaction score
My DD2 is almost 12 weeks old and lately I have been feeling sooo tired. It isn't lack of sleep as she has been sleeping through for weeks now. Granted I have three kids to run around after, but this feels almost like a kind of weakness, like I just have zero energy. I am also having heart palpitations a lot. I just feel drained. I am breastfeeding so don't know whether that has anything to do with it. Is there a hormone drop or something around this time? Seems like the older she gets the more tired I become! I have just started taking Spatone sachets in case it's an iron thing, although my levels were really good all through pregnancy so I wouldn't have thought it was that.

I feel like this! It's just hit and I feel physically weak and shakey. Not nice. Hope it's hormonal x

Interesting that our LO s are around the same age. I have just started to get some postpartum hair loss which I think happened around this point with my other two so I wonder if there is some kind of hormonal shift about this point? I certainly hope it doesn't last too long, it isn't pleasant at all.

Have you checked your thyroid levels since birth?

No, I did wonder about that. I've never had any issues with my thyroid before. I wonder if it's worth going for a blood test though, would that show anything up that was wrong?

No, I did wonder about that. I've never had any issues with my thyroid before. I wonder if it's worth going for a blood test though, would that show anything up that was wrong?

Blood test would suffice, but you have to make sure you ask to test the free t4 and free t3 in addition to TSH (the most commonly used test).

Sometimes people's thyroid levels get messed up after pregnancy, so that's definitely possible even if you have never had a problem with your thyroid.

Good luck!!

Sounds like it is your iron, I would get it checked out. You loose a lot of blood after having a baby. I always have to take iron after having a baby. Heart palpitations do go with low iron as well I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->