Favour please :-)

P

purple_socks

I'm trying to work out how a mini business plan and need a bit of help/market research type stuff...

how much would u pay for these?

these particular ones aren't for sale coz they're my first go and they have some dodgy sewing here and there but i plan on making more.

anyway they're made from a lambswool jumper (the flowers weren't...they're an extra :p), i haven't felted prior to sewing coz i think i prefer unfelted longies/woolies especially now its getting warmer (they get too thick when felted)- whats your thoughts on that? and also do u think i should lanolise prior to selling or not...or offer people the choice?

thank u lovely ladies...i might b back with more questions 4 u if u don't mind?

:flower::flower::flower:

Attachments

• dungarees.jpg
    dungarees.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 28
They are GORGEOUS! I'm too new to the idea of wooly things to say what I'd pay, sorry, but as for lanolising it'd certainly encourage me to buy if something had been pre-lanolised :flower:

they are CUTE! I dont really know how much things go for tbh so couldnt help on the amount front...
Id want stuff lanolised before I bought it but im super impatient, Id want to get it and use it straight away and not mess about lanolising first..however Id probably offer the choice of having them lanolised or not if I were you.

aw super cute.. never seen dungerlongies before lol

i dont do longies, and im very new to wool, have just bought 2 interlock wraps that i have no idea what to do with LOL

i think it depends on the sizing

jabular has some longies on made from lambswool jumpers

https://jabulanappies.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=940

£14.99

not much help sorry x

yea i'd say between £15 and £20 depending on the size. There is a lady who sells handmade dresses for about £20 ish and i think they're quite popular.

*bump* i wanna get as many answers as pos pls ladies

...and thank u 2 the ppl who have answered already! ur stars :)

I want you to make me a pink pair of those they are lovely! I think with handmade stuff where alot of time, care and attention has gone into making them, people would be happy to pay well for them! I'd probably say those would sell for 20-25 pounds.

You could make up various different designs to use as a visual for how the items will look but then offer custom colours and tweeks to the designs so each item is individual?!

Really though, I want some of those!!

aww cute! Id say around £20, possibly just above...between £20-£25 i reckon? As similar things are around that range. As really it is a whole outfit!

The wool things I've bought have been lanolised once, so were ready to use, but they came with the advice to lanolise again fairly soon, as they really need 3 lanolin treatments to be fully waterproofed. That was great, because I could use them straight away, but I knew to do them again when I first washed them. Hope that's helpful!

I think the price you ask depends on the amount of wool you use, and how much it costs. I've had mine from Little Pants Nappies, and they have a basic price for their basic wool (which is gorgeously soft anyway!) and then add more for bigger sizes or higher quality wool. I haven't deen dungerees there, but their longies start at about £20. so I reckon your dungarees should be between £20 & £25 - depending on wool quality.

Hope that's helpful!

I think I'd pay about 20/25, as well. They really are lovely!

I just wanted to check though; what do you mean by lanolising? As in, applying lanolin to the clothes? If so, I'd give the choice, as some people (like me) are allergic to lanolin, and have been since I was a baby.

Good luck!

yeah applying lanolin to them so they will b waterproof and can be used like longies.

i think i'll offer the choice on lanolising then :)

yea i think you would be wise to leave it open, the more you leave your market open the better for you really.

If you want to ask anything 'businessey' feel free to pm me to ask :thumbup: can't promise to know the answer tho :rofl:

OMG they are GORGEOUS!!!! i seriously need some of those !!!! i'd pay up to £30 for them and i wouldnt mind either way for lanolising.....i'd always re lanolise anyway just so i knew IYKWIM!!! but like i said...i need some of those ... in pink :D

I'd probably pay up to about £25 for them, not including postage, and I'd like the choice of paying more for them to be ready lanolised. I'm new to wool though so I'm not great on the prices but I think I'd pay that for them just to use them as normal clothes, not like longies. HTH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->