Favours or not?

JessdueJan

Reaction score
So for our favours I was going to do a lottery ticket rolled up and some little sweets in one of those posh little net like favour bags. Only problem is we are getting married late in the day and not having a sit down meal just a very relaxed evening do with hot buffet. This means no seatig plan or set seats for people so I can't lay out everybody's favours. OH and my dad have said just save money and scrap favours as otherwise we will need somebody in charge of handing them out but I worry people will think I'm tight. Does every wedding have favours? In all honesty I haven't been to a weddin since I was about 6 so I don't know how it all goes on.

You don't have to have favours :) I don't think anyone would think you're 'tight' for not doing them. But if you do want them then maybe you could have a favour table (usually near the door) for people to grab theirs (either with name tags or a 'take 1' type thing) as they leave. You wouldnt need someone to hand them out. Not unless you think people would be selfish enough to take more than one?!
If you think the money would be better spent somewhere else, then don't have favours. People shouldn't 'expect' favours at a wedding.

We are doing favours but we are having a sit down meal with a table plan!
If I was in your situation I don't think I would! The last 2 weddings I've been too have been later in the day, no sit down meal/table plan and both of them didnt have favours!

If you wanted to do something I would personally do something more general like a sweet table or a photo booth :)

I honestly don't think anyone would notice not having favours. I see them as more a decorative feature so it wouldn't make sense in your situation.

I agree with the sweetie table idea :thumbup: Favours certainly aren't a necessity

I was going to suggest a candy buffet, that way people can help themselves.

I went to a wedding were it was buffet style and they didn't have favours?

Do you have a table plan of sorts of just a buffet and sit where you want?

If you are having a buffet, but you sit here type of thing then I would do a favour. If you are doing a sit where there is a seat...then personally I wouldn't bother.

You could though have names in a hat of those who are there and give away your table decorations as favours? (thats if you have any?)

I had favours at mine and can honestly say some of my guests were like what are these for :haha: what are favours :haha: I just had a small box with some sweets in it.

Maybe you could fill a fansy bowl up with sweets and put some small old style sweet bags next to them so people will just put a few in a bag?. Maybe just put them on the table next to the guest book?.

Put them at the end or start of the buffet table and put a cute note saying thanks for coming help yourself to a favour.

That's what I will be doing and my wedding sounds quite similar to waht you are doing except I am having dinner for 20 then a big reception for everyone. My favours are costing £30 for 130 people.

We're not doing favours - we're not doing set seating and quite frankly I've never been fussed about them at other weddings! Waste of money in my book....

Thanks for the replies ladies..don't think we're going to bother with favours now. But our table centrepieces are going to fishbowls filled with sweets so people can help themselves throughout the night, may dot some lttle bags around so they can fill them and take them home for kids if they wish. Bags are only 99p for 100 so don't mind spending that and if they don't get used it's no big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->