Fear of flying + 10 hour flight + pregnancy

kneeswrites

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
help meeee. We're flying in less than two weeks. I haven't been on a plane since I was ten, and it was scary but shortly after that, 9/11 happened and totally multiplied my fear of planes. I always swore I wouldn't go on a plane without some benzos because I also have intense anxiety about death outside of flying, and I have frequent panic attacks. But of course I'm pregnant and apparently benzos are bad whilst pregnant. Although it's confusing because it seems as if the main risk of benzos to a baby is potential addiction,but if I took it for a flight only it couldn't possible cause dependency could it?

And obviously I can't drink. And I'm going to be flying with my daughter and husband so my fear is also multiples because I'm going to be afraid for them. I know planet crashes are super rare and I'm almost definitely going to get in one but when you have have anxiety problems, the facts are irrelevant, you still are stuck with intense fear.

I don't have a doctors appointment until after the trip. I know I'm going to have horrible, horrible anxiety and multiple panic attacks. Should I see them before and see if there is anything I can do? I am so scared :dohh: anybody else had to deal with this and gotten through it?

Where are you flying to where your flight is that long or are you including layover time? Or are you flying out of the country? I fly coast to coast every year and it's only about a 7 hour flight.

Even though I fly often, I hate flying as well and my do has to remind me how rare it is to crash...would it help if you saw some statistics? Maybe Google percentage of plane crashes vs car crashes? I know that kind of stuff kind of helps me a little bit. If you're ok with natural stuff maybe you could see a homeopath and they could give you something safe and natural, a friend of mine told me she takes Benadryl while pregnant which I know usually makes people sleepy, I personally wouldn't but I tend to err on the more natural side of things. Other than just telling you to try to stay occupied which traveling with small children is usually pretty occupying ;) I don't have a lot of advice, I hope you find something that works for you!

Haha I was estimating the number and the flight we are going on is going to have multiple stops so I kind of just rounded it all up because I'll be terrified the whole time even whilst waiting around :dohh::dohh: we're flying from Nashville to Seattle. I was also in full blown panic mode when I wrote that so I probably overestimated lmao.

I think I'm going to talk to my doctor tomorrow and see what they think the best course of action will be. I have only flown twice (to/from NC so not long flights) haven't flown in fourteen years so I think a lot of it is just the fear of the unknown plus my preexisting anxiety.

I might take Benadryl if I'm desperate, but as a last resort I think. I've tried to look at statistics and such and it helps a bit but I still have that fear. Ugh I hate being an anxious person.

Take the Benadryl if it will help. It certainly won't do any harm to you or baby.

Hope your doctor can help! Let us know how you do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->