Fears and Pregnancy???

thinknboutbby

Husband and furbabays:)
Reaction score
Im wondering if Im alone or not in that when I think about being pg, I have many fears.

1) actual fear of being pg and all of its side affects
2) having a healthy full term pg
3) not only delivering a healthy baby, but also me coming through it as well.

Do or did any of you experience these fears or other fears? Please share them with me!:-k

Cant say I had many fears as ds wasnt planned although very m uch wanted I just took it within my stride. Since then ive heard so many horror stories where things have gone wrong after the 12wks and subsequently lost baby later on and thats what I worry about because I didnt really think it was common but itso bviously more common than I thought! I think we all worry about havinbg a healthy child its just natural x

Totally understand.

Let's see...

1. Being a bad Mom, or one of those people who are not cut out to be a Mom.
2. Not being prepared financially AND emotionally.
3. Disappointing my family, if they feel it's not the right time.
4. Fear of what being pregnant will feel like -- never experienced it before.
5. Fear of pregnancy complications, and delivery emergencies.
6. Fear of having an unhealthy baby.
7. Fear of how having a baby will affect my life, my Husband's life, our relationship, and my relationship with my family.
8. Fear of having as many reproductive health complications as my Mother did - 6 miscarriages, 2 of which were ectopics, and a hysterectomy.

I'm afraid of pregnancy itself, of having complications or not being able to cope with symptoms like morning sickness or lack of room to breathe when bubs is big under my ribs. I'm scared of labour too.

I'm not scared of motherhood, really, since I'm confident around babies and children - I've been around them all my life since my Mom was a childminder and now is a fostercarer.

Mine would be:-

-Hopefully getting pregnat
- Feeling ill
- Birth
-Support- Money, Family and OH

Totally understand.

Let's see...

1. Being a bad Mom, or one of those people who are not cut out to be a Mom.
2. Not being prepared financially AND emotionally.
3. Disappointing my family, if they feel it's not the right time.
4. Fear of what being pregnant will feel like -- never experienced it before.
5. Fear of pregnancy complications, and delivery emergencies.
6. Fear of having an unhealthy baby.
7. Fear of how having a baby will affect my life, my Husband's life, our relationship, and my relationship with my family.
8. Fear of having as many reproductive health complications as my Mother did - 6 miscarriages, 2 of which were ectopics, and a hysterectomy.
I agree with 1 to 7 although majorly with 1 to 4.

Yep, all of the above. But I mainly fear discovering that I
have no maternal instincts and am a rubbish mum and my
child grows up to hate me!

i had all the same fears! doesnt help being anixous like i am! but you have to look at things in the bigger picture how many people do you read about not pulling through? alot of people have very healthy babys not many are people have ill babys! i guess its just looking at the bigger picture!x

My biggest fear is pregnancy complications, also the fear of having morning sickness again (after having it with the molar pregnancy) and worrying if i'm going through that again. That whole experience has really scared me and i'm scared that i won't be able to enjoy pregnancy like i should.

Yes, I think we all fear, good to talk about our fears

My fears are:

-Becoming financially unstable and not being able to provide for baby
-Not being able to conceive (took my mom two years each to conceive me and brother and she was never able to conceive again)
-Being looked down on as being too young (23) to be a good mom

ooo its good to have fears , it shows you are really thinking about what you are doing, and will prob mean you are well preppared for pregnancy , birth and motherhood. :)
Really it is all a scary rollercoaster, but it is exciting and very fullfilling too. :)

Wow, Thanks for sharing ladies! To make matters worse when I turned on the tv this morning, the news had a segment on how many c-sectioncs were going on and how one woman died of a blood clot some days after. Why dont they have "happy" things on the news, its never good, :cry:

Well, Im not happy that all of you have fears, but Im am thankful, Im not alone in this.

And someone mentioned we need to look at the bigger picture, I 100% agree:winkwink:

I think one of my fears is OH not enjoying is as much as me or being serportive of my choices

I had an amazing pregnancy and labour/delivery apart from a few minor things (LO born a month early, few issues but he is healthy and perfect). So my absolute biggest fear is that the next will be totally different! I feel like there's no way the next could go so well. So here's a list:

1. That Bun won't get the love & attention he deserves with a new baby
2. That the baby won't be healthy
3. That something will happen to me that prevents me from taking care of my LOs
4. Pregnancy complications
5. That LO will grow too big in utero - huge babies run in our family - they estimate that Bun would have been 11lbs or so if he had carried to term! Which leads to #6...
6. Tearing or requiring a forceps delivery, or section
7. Having to be induced or get an epidural

Numbers 1-3 are the most worrying though!
I feel like I am worrying more this time around - the first time you really have no idea! Ignorance is bliss LOL!!

x

I didn't have any fears the first time around. Unfortunately I didn't have an enjoyable pregnancy and I had a rough delivery ending in C-Section :( I find myself more fearful now after going though it once. But, on a positive note, I figure it can't be any worse than last time...right??? lol

1) I'm really scared of going thorugh labour it's one of my worst fears about this whole thing.

2) Idk why but I'm so scared of stretch marks and varicose veins. Not weight gain, just those 2 things.

3) As mentioned earlier, I am also scared I will have reproductive problems like my mom. She only had one miscarriage but she had one ectopic and also a hysterectomy.

4) Scared of complications during labour and I'm scared that I will die or get eclampsia (sp?) and have organ shutdowns (I know it's silly, but it's scared me since I was a child).

5) I'm very scared of stillbirths and SIDS.

6) I'm scared of epidurals so I really really hope I won't be in that much pain to beg for one

Well that's my huge list of fears lol it feels REALLY good to get that all out, thx <3 :)

oh yeah, tearing and/or episiotomy during delivery scares me. I feel queezy just thinking about it:wacko:

I'm scared of the birth and breathing because I suffer from panic attacks and when Kess said about bubz being under your rib cage that got me worried....I didnt even think about it until Kess just said it......:(

Since I am currently WTT after a m/c last year... my fears include being able to get pregnant, and of course getting all the way through the pregnancy and having a healthy baby. I do worry about complications with the pregnancy and with delivery. When I was pg last year, I was really worried about getting an epidural and/or dealing with the pain. I also am scared that I will experience post-partum depression since I have had problems with depression in the past. There is so much!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->