Fears and Pregnancy???

1) I'm really scared of going thorugh labour it's one of my worst fears about this whole thing.

2) Idk why but I'm so scared of stretch marks and varicose veins. Not weight gain, just those 2 things.

3) As mentioned earlier, I am also scared I will have reproductive problems like my mom. She only had one miscarriage but she had one ectopic and also a hysterectomy.

4) Scared of complications during labour and I'm scared that I will die or get eclampsia (sp?) and have organ shutdowns (I know it's silly, but it's scared me since I was a child).

5) I'm very scared of stillbirths and SIDS.

6) I'm scared of epidurals so I really really hope I won't be in that much pain to beg for one

Well that's my huge list of fears lol it feels REALLY good to get that all out, thx <3 :)

You hit the nail on the head for me. I feel "selfish" worrying about me surviving or having really bad complications :cry:, but that would be awful to go through all of that and miss out on all the good things with your family :cry: . Ok, enough of that, Ill get sad, :haha:

I can so relate to all of the things you all mentioned, pre-eclamsia is a worry for me as well, as I already have hi BP.

Thanks for sharing ladies!:hugs:

hmmm the one thing that scares me more than anything is needles. i refuse to have an epidural as im scared of the needle too much. im scared of blood tests, and im scared of any other pain relief that needs a needle for it. :( basically... im planning tens, gas and air, then a water birth :p xxxx

probably all of the above,im a BIG worrier.

my biggest fears are
1,getting thru pregnancy
2 giving birth
3 people judging me on how we bring LO up
4 Lo changing my relationship with DH
5.sleepless nights-DH and i dont cope v.well with lack of sleep
6.something being wrong with LO

i suppose we will just have to try and relax and try not to worry

I had fears too before I got pregnant with my oldest, I wondered if I would be a good mom, would I take care of him the right way but when I was pregnant and he was born the fears mostly went away

As stupid as this sounds, my absolute biggest fear is morning sickness and throwing up in general. I have a phobia of it.

My next biggest fear is having secondary infertility. I had my first miscarriage after Mady was born and I'm terrified it will happen again and I won't be able to have kids.

My third biggest fear is something going wrong with the baby: stillbirth, SIDS, or something like that.

I have many fears..

I'm afraid of the pain of giving birth (I am a wimp).
I am worried about being a bad mummy and getting stuff wrong..
I am worried about getting a flabby belly and stretchmarks and flabby boobies.. :rofl:
But most of all I am worried about tearing badly or something during birth, just the thought of that turns my stomach..

Tearing or needing to be cut. Biggest fear. Makes me wince even considering it.

My biggest fears would be the baby dying, by miscarriage/stillbirth/sids although if i was pregnant in the morning although id be delighted (and shocked by the immaculate conception :haha:) i'd be so terrified, the 12 week mark has no safety anymore and id not relax until i actually had a baby in my arms and even then probablly not very much

Well, I can honestly say that I relate to each and every post here (well, I havent had a mc, but the thought freaks me out).

Shocker, I feel the exact same way.

I have a dr appt at the gyno next in a week, so hopefully, I will get passed a few of my fears in that appointment.....Im ALWAYS afraid somethings wrong!

Well, I can honestly say that I relate to each and every post here (well, I havent had a mc, but the thought freaks me out).

Shocker, I feel the exact same way.

I have a dr appt at the gyno next in a week, so hopefully, I will get passed a few of my fears in that appointment.....Im ALWAYS afraid somethings wrong!

I think, like most women, I have the fear of miscarriage or something not going right with the pregnancy.

My other specific worry is to do with the actual labour. With Tristan, I coped with the labour fairly well but after he was born, the placenta did not come away on its own and I had to go and have it manually removed in theatre - not an operation but the doctor had to put her hand 'up there' and pull it out. This was really disorientating and quite scary after a near 30 hour labour, when I didn't really know what was happening. However, it did come out quickly after that and she said there were no complications. Afterwards, I stupidly googled 'retained placenta' and read that if you have this once before, you have an increased chance of it happening again and that it can be potentially dangerous if you start to haemorrage (sp?). This really scared me and I worry about it happening again. I have spoken to a friend who is a gynacologist and he said that there is not that much of a great risk of it happening again and that if I give my notes in then they will be prepared for it if it happens again and that it can be quickly managed.

My big worry is that I, in some way, end up with a placenta accrectia next time (this is when the placenta grows into the womb and surrounding tissue) and I have to have surgery - leading to further dangers. I know it is silly to worry about this, as last time, the placenta came away with the doctor lifting it out easily and there was no risk of it having grown into the lining - so I have no reason to believe that next time I could get an accretia - but I still worry about it. Now that we are thinking of TTC again soon, I have even dreamt of this a couple of times, so it is obviously playing on my mind.

Hopefully, I will get pregnant soon and if I do, I think I am going to try and get an appointment with a gynacologist to discuss things, to hopefully put my mind at rest. I know they can't tell me if I will have a retained placenta again - but they can tell me what to do in labour about making people aware that I have had one in the past and to be prepared.

I hope this hasn't scared people - retained placenta happens in less than 5% of labours and accretia less than 1%, so it is really rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->