Fed up living on the sofa

LoveCakes

Reaction score
My lb is 3 weeks and wants to feed all morning and all night plus he wants held all the time. I have a 2 yo who is really active and I feel like a rubbish mum to her. My hubby and family are keeping her amused but I miss spending time with her.

I do babywearing but am not confident enough to bf in it. I know it's supposed to get easier but there also seem to be plenty who are still feeding for hours months down the line and I want to be able to live my life in the meantime. I gave up with my lg early on and it's going well this time so I am grateful but o guess I'm just not enjoying it. I'm doing what's best for me but don't love it like most people on the groups I'm in.

Just a moan really I know i just have to get through it

I'm so sorry you are having a rough time :hugs: I know in the beginning I was on the couch a lot too. My suggestions and perhaps advice would be.. Don't always fight it. Nursing in the beginning is a lot of hard work and helps with bonding with that baby so much. You could try cuddling with your older child on the couch while you nurse the baby and read books or talk. or maybe during naps if someone could hold the baby for you. Or if you are comfortable, you could sit on the floor and nurse while your dd1 is coloring or playing so you can kinda play a long with her.

I would also work at getting baby wearing to work. It was a life saver for me having two older ones this time and once you get the hang of nursing in it, it's really easy. But it does take practice especially depending on the carrier you have.

There is also a point where you could start pumping and maybe someone else could help feed baby or make it a bit less overwhelming for you. I started almost right away.. It took awhile for her to start being ok with a bottle so I'm glad I did but I think there might be a recommendation on that.

Having said all of that, it WILL get easier. There is so much cluster feeding in the beginning! I know at 3 weeks pp, I was still trying to recover from birth too so rest was necessary. I know it's hard but take it little by little and do what you can. :hugs:

I hear ya. It is especially hard when you have other kids. I feel like the worst mum ever. My son missed a day of school last week because Emma had me glued to the couch :-(.

I'm currently alone with Emma in my bedroom trying to get her to sleep while the rest of my family are having fun with each other watching a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->