Fed up of irregular contractions after losing plug :'(

amybe

Reaction score
I lost my mucus plug yesterday afternoon and ever since have been having cramps/tightening pain across my lower belly and wrapping round my back, They are irregular and even though they are SLOWLY getting more painful, they are still totally all over the place!! I am only 36 weeks and have had no pains or anything up till now, so wasn't expecting things to happen anytime soon, But I've been so uncomfortable since yesterday, I wish they'd either turn into something or go away if they aren't productive!!...x

:hugs: Not long now hun! I remember when I was near the end last time wondering if every twinge was labour on it's way, no doubt I'll do it again in a few weeks!

Oh, I remember this well! I starting having irregular contractions from sat lunch time and finally gave birth to my son at 3.10am on the Wednesday! My biggest piece of advice is to try and rest as much as possible. I didn't and I didn't sleep much from when they started as I was trying to do everything I could to get them more regular. Needless to say by the time I got to the pushing stage, I was exhausted. Thankfully I still managed to do everything naturally, but it was hard going. What I didn't realise was that resting and hiding away would have probably actually helped move things along more, but even if it didn't, I'd have been more rested.

Just try and remember that it won't go on forever and baby will come (easier said than done I know!).

And although it might not feel productive, every pain is productive.

Aaah thank you for the advice ladies!! I honestly have been so umcomfortable that I have mostly been resting all day, cuddled up with my son and joined him for a 2 hour nap and was in bed by 7pm tonight as I was so uncomfy on the sofa! The pains are getting worse as the evening goes on even laid down but still not regular but then again I've not really timed them!!..This is strange for me as I had no signs/symptoms when pregnant with my son then my waters exploded 2 days before my due date and I still didn't start contracting for 12 hours after, So at least I knew that it was the real deal!!...This I have no idea but it's getting quite painful now and I doubt I'll be able to sleep through it, I hope it's good pain and not an infection or anything :-\...x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->