Fed up with being poorly, health anxiety....

Loubpop

Reaction score
Hi,

So, this is my first post here in absolutely ages. I first joined in 2011 as I was pregnant with my first and was fairly regular here then.....

Now, I have a beautiful 6 year old and am 17 weeks with my second. This time around it is totally different and I have been so poorly since 7 weeks :cry:

I have had 2 lots of antibiotics for suspected urinary infections, an ongoing low grade fever and cold/flu continuously.

I am now in week two of another horrible cold. I am coughing a lot, congested, headachey, got a bit of temp and have been on antibiotics for 6 days.

To add more issues, I have severe health anxiety so I am convinced I am going to end up in hospital seriously ill and die. So I am crying all the time. I have tried meds in the past but did not agree with me and I am starting CBT. But it is taking over my thoughts 24/7...

Then to add even more worry, I have been told I have a 1:150 chance of Downs, so opted for a NIPT test and am awaiting the results. I am 35.

Anyone else relate? I just feel so bad :cry:

ME!!!! Oh my goodness.. since I found out at 5 weeks, I’ve been constantly poorly, colds/flu.. laryngitis, terrible congestion, sinus pain, headaches.. this is everyday with out break..

I’ve spend most of today in bed, with a suspected chest infection and barking cough! It’s one thing after another.. I feel very sorry for myself, and the kids! That I can barely look after as I feel so run down.

But there’s like nothing you can take is there?? Only paracetamol in moderation..

I’ve honestly never been this poorly for so long. I know our immune system is lowered but give me break..

So I feel ya sister!! Hang in there we can’t be ill forever.. right? 😂

i so get this. morning sickness, heartburn, uti, headaches, body aches, diarreah, constant vomiting, lung infection, sore throat. i'm so fucking tired and might have cholestasis. :( i'm so over it all. and i move in two days!!!!

Sorry to hear you guys are feeling it too....at least I am not alone!

I got the results today and I am now low risk for Downs etc. and I also found out we are having a girl!

I have taken the last antibiotic today but I am still coughig and crackling. Midwives have said to see how I am over the weekend and go back to Drs on Monday if no better....but now I have started with a belly ache and diarrhoea :cry:

Just feeling so down about it all. I just want to enjoy being pregnant!

congrats on your girl!!!! hoping you feel better soon<3

I'm poorly too and it suuuucks!
I want to enjoy the Christmas with my dd as it'll change next year but I'm just feeling too bleh. Hopefully it gives us all a break soon!

Feel better soon! I also have health anxiety and it SUCKS. I also came back 'high risk' for downs on my first trimester screen, 1/227, so I also did the NIPT and it came back normal, and I'm also having a girl! :hugs: :flower:

It was so terrible waiting for results. Now I'm worried about my low Papp-A.....
When is your due date?

i now have pneumonia and another UTI. lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Hi again!

Allie84 - fab news! I am 18 weeks today and due in May (15th). I have no idea what the Papp-A is? I am in the UK, is it something they do here?

amotherslove - Oh no! That is awful :-( I hope you recover quickly. One thing after another :-(

I am currently freaking out about my heart rate - it was 137 when I went to the drs yesterday!! The dr said it was all due to my anxiety. Unfortunatley I dont believe him and think I am on the verge of a heart attack or horrible infection. I am getting to the point of this being unbearable, but dont want to take medication. I have tried therapy but seems to make me worse. I tried hypnotherapy yesterday and although it helped a bit, all that work was undone once I went to the drs!!

Hi again!

Allie84 - fab news! I am 18 weeks today and due in May (15th). I have no idea what the Papp-A is? I am in the UK, is it something they do here?

amotherslove - Oh no! That is awful :-( I hope you recover quickly. One thing after another :-(

I am currently freaking out about my heart rate - it was 137 when I went to the drs yesterday!! The dr said it was all due to my anxiety. Unfortunatley I dont believe him and think I am on the verge of a heart attack or horrible infection. I am getting to the point of this being unbearable, but dont want to take medication. I have tried therapy but seems to make me worse. I tried hypnotherapy yesterday and although it helped a bit, all that work was undone once I went to the drs!!

It's just one of the blood markers on the first trimester screen her in the US. Maybe they don't test it in the UK! :shrug: Mine was just really low.

Awww, I am sure it was anxiety that upped your heart rate. Mine is always higher at doctor's appointments! If it were something to do with your heart or an infection, your blood pressure would have been really high as well.

I do take anxiety medication.....I'm telling you, it makes a world of difference. For many years I refused to take it and I'm glad I finally accepted I need it. I'm not saying you do, but there are many safe in pregnancy. I am on one (Klonopin) that is a Category D :wacko: and I worry about that but since my panic is so bad without it, I am going to take it until third tri.

Anyways, hope you are feeling better!

Hey ladies,
Just an update I now have bronchitis and I’m on antibiotics again!!
Hope you’re all feeling better soon..

So sorry. I can relate.
Due to my spine injury, I am in constant pain. I'm 22 weeks but feel like I'm about to drop dead.
I'm on analgesics(transformation) for the whole duration of my pregnancy. I'm so scared for my baby. I'm so scared of hurting my baby.
I'm also hypertensive, taking drugs for that as well. Lord, help me.
I'm cramping severely, can't walk and always stressed.&#128546;
The fear of hurting my baby is making me get panick attacks, but I have to take the appropriate meds to be able to carry the pregnancy. What a tough spot to be in&#128532;.
I'm glad I can talk to all of you. It makes me feel alot better.

Hi again!

I have awful health anxiety. My resting heart rate is somewhere around 65 and when I’m at the doctor just sitting, it’s usually in the 120’s. The anxiety makes it like I’m running a marathon!

I have no advice, but I do have :hugs:! You’re not alone!

Hang in there ladies :hugs: We can do this and all will be well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->