feed off one side express off the other

LovemyBubx

Mummy, Daddy & Daughter
Reaction score
My baby is 12 days old now & I realise its still early days but I've found myself getting so frustrated especially at night about trying to get a good latch.

I've now noticed that is so much easier & more comfortable to feed him on the left side. Is this OK?

I was thinking of expressing bottles of milk for night feeds to make things less frustrating for both of us & so OH can help, also having a bottle to take out with me would be useful.

I was thinking when he feeds off one side I'll express off the other during the day & feed them to him at night ? Will this work?

The only issue might be that milk produced at night has higher levels of "sleepy" hormones in it, so feeding him daytime milk might make him a bit harder to settle. Also, the hormones happening during night feeds are really important in establishing and maintaining supply so for a while, until your supply regulates, you'll have to still pump even if you give LO a bottle (so in my experience you'll end up being awake for twice as long).

There is nothing wrong with feeding off one side in preference to the other, although than perhaps making you a bit lopsided. As you and LO get more experienced it will get easier and LO may be less fussy about what side to feed from. You can also try different holds (like rugby ball) to try to get a easier latch on the tricky side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->