feeding a two week old - question :)

Laughing Girl

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help/advise/reassure me..........?

My 2 week old daughter is settling in really really well. She sleeps with us and is snuggling down at night no problem, waking for a couple of feeds but dropping back off to sleep with little or no problem.

The mornings are also very easy as she seems to like a big sleep from 9.30ish till 11.30 or so, and we often go for a walk in the sling during this time or I catch up on some jobs etc.

She also seems to be liking to snuggle down in the evening from around 7.30 after a bath with daddy, and I have started to do a dream feed when we go to bed at around 10.30 if she seems to want one.

Its the afternoons that I seem to be struggling with. She seems to only graze at both feeding and sleeping, and doesn't really have many quietly alert moments (although I suspect she is a bit little for many of these just yet) and whilst that is fine, I am wondering if it is something that we just need to let happen (which is not a problem), or if I should be trying to "settle" her without the breast. My gut feeling is that if she needs the breast and has a grizzly time in the afternoons, we should just hole up at home if we've nothing planned and she can graze away to her hearts content. If we have stuff to do, she falls asleep in the sling and will sleep until we get back home or are still for a while.

I am finding myself letting her grizzle sometimes, which I don't feel comfortable with and just want to ask what other mummies do to meet their baby's needs in niggly times.

Sorry this is such a disjointed thread, I'm just struggling to get it all down in one questions!

trust your instincts honey, my LO is a grazer, even at nearly 6 months. she will settle in time and a pattern will start to emerge.

wss ^ just do your own thing for now. She' s still little and it's likely that over the next four weeks her routine is going to change anyway. As long as your supply is up, she's got wet nappies and putting on weight alls good :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->