Feeding becoming very painful

willowblossom

Reaction score
So bf my lo has been fairly easy so far apart from initial soreness at the very beginning. For the last few days it is becoming very painful when she latches and even more painful with the let down. She latches herself and has done for a while so im pretty sure its not that. My nipples arent red or sore but am using lanolin. I even went to the doctor s on monday as woke up with lots of bloody milk in my breastpad. But he didnt find anything wrong. So am unsure of what is causing this. Any ideas ladies? Xx

I wonder if it's the lanolin cream making your nipples slippery and affecting your LO's latch? It happened with me, once I stopped using the lanolin cream and started using my own expressed milk to massage the nipples after feeds and whenever they were sore, the situation improved dramatically! :hugs:

I don't know sorry but didn't want to read and run. I think you should get checked put though if there's blood in your milk. Especially as your nipples are sore so you can't see an obvious source. Sounds horrid take care hope
It resolves soon.

Things are improving a little but the let down still hurts quite alot. Not had any more blood though luckily x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->