Feeding help

okciv

3girls, 1 lives in heaven
Reaction score
Eve has been on EBM but over Christmas I had to start giving her formula (aptimal 1)
I've stopped expressing now as I was hardly getting anything and for the last few days she has been only on formula.
She is really unsettled sometimes, especially at nights but she was like this on EBM aswell. She is grunty and noisy in general! I've always struggled to get wind from her and have even been using infacol.

The last couple of days she has been a tad sicky after some of her feeds, spoke to my HV today who weighed her (good weight gain - exactly on the 'curve') she's not bringing up her full feed or aanything but I'm wondering if it's worth switching to the aptimal comfort as it's supposed to be a bit easier on the stomach?

Anyone tried this & seen a difference?

Hey,

Harry was the same when he went on to aptimal, lasted about an week but after that, its all settled down, he was the same when he got put on nutriprem as well, in think its just were it takes a while for them to get used to it x

Lola is unsettle and a little bit sicky as well. I've been thinking it might be a touch of reflux. I'm going to ask my HV on Friday.

Hope Eve settles down soon.
xxx

I was told that it can take them a while to get used to a switch in what they are fed with so she could be still adjusting. We also had lots f issues getting up wind, and didn't really find infacol helped, but seemed to improve loads with the tommee tippee bottles with the anti-colic teats.
My HV also said that aptamil comfort or cow and gate is good as it is already broken down.

My two took a week or so to settle from EBM to Aptimal 1, maybe persevere a bit longer before trying something else? I was really struggling to find bottles they would take too, they were still using the hospital bottles when we got home for a couple of weeks, they didnt like tomtip,avent,dr brown but we finally found the mam anti colic ones and they r fab! pretty bottles too - love them! I think that has helped them feed better too.

My 2 were also quite constipated with the transition but that seems to be alot better now and they go couple of times a day (formula is alot less than EBM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->