feeding pattern for 6-7 week old

P

purple_socks

what is/was ur LOs feeding pattern at 6 weeks old?
I use a routine so have been offering Kian 5oz bottles at 6.30ish 10am 1pm 4pm 8pm 11.30pm and he has 2 oz whenever he wakes at night (usually 3-4am but sometimes not at all)
He doesn't always finish bottles these days tho...he quite often doesn't seem hungry and just has 3oz/2oz so i'm thinking of dropping one of his bottles in the day.
Just wondered what a 'normal' feeding pattern for his age/weight (Hes 11lb 2) should be? :shrug:

i dont know what it should be but from that age we just did 3 hourly feeds starting at 7, 10, 1, 4 and last bottle 7 pm in bed for 8 and let him wake in the night to ask for one hun x

I really wouldn't drop a bottle in the day, that will cause him to be hungrier at night. It doesn't sound like he's very hungry at night if he's only taking 2oz. Have you tried just giving a dummy when he wakes? Occasionally Ruby wakes at 5am and I just give her her dummy and she goes straight off again. Ruby had just started sleeping through at that age.

Also I think 4 hours in the day is a bit long between feeds for a 6-7 week old...

Maia feeds every 3 hrs or so (except on days when she wants to feed every 2 hours). She has reflux, so I only give her 3 oz per feed, otherwise she just spits it back up - and she was 8lbs 6oz last wednesday at her weigh in.

At night, well, starting last night really, she gets her last bottle after her bath at 9pm, then I dream fed her at 11:30, then she took a bottle at 3:45 and again at 7am.

I think she's going through a growth spurt now though - very sleepy days mixed with extremely cranky ones. We too are still trying to figure this all out!!!

Good luck - your LO looks very adorable in that picture BTW!

:)
A

Archie's a big boy- currently 14lb7oz and he's nearly 8 weeks. I demand feed but hes established a pattern sort of where by he drinks every 2/3hours from 7am to 7pm then has a 7oz about 7pm and another in the night. He has started sleeping 8pm-5/6amish so i think he feeds more in day to make up, he goes up to 4hours in between feeds only if he's been asleep for of the time during the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->