Feeding Pumped breast milk

Lirpa11

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I have a 3 week old and I am going to try and use a bottle once and switch back to the breast so baby can sometimes have a bottle of I am not around, if we are out and about, or if hubby wants to feed.

I am not going to be bottle feeding all the time just every now and then.

Just wondering, how much expressed breast milk do you give per feeding if you use a bottle?

Thanks

My 8 week old gets a bottle about twice a week. He drinks around 6 oz now. I think it was somewhere between 2-4 oz back at 3 weeks.

It depends how often your baby likes to feed. Have a look at this KellymomKellymom page which has a built in calculator:
https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/milkcalc/

At that age, I think my son was only taking one to two ounces. He eats little and often, though, and doesn't take more than 6 oz even now. It's definitely trial and error. I would start out with small amounts, because you may end up having to throw it away if your baby doesn't finish it.

Thanks ladies. We did 2.5-3oz last night in the bottle. He then wanted a bit of boob too but not much. I wonder if it was for comfort a bit. He then ate a bit later but ended up spitting up a bit.. So maybe he ate too much. We're going out tonight so I'm thawing some for a bottle while we're out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->