Feeding question...

Jesse*sGirl

First Time Mommy
Reaction score
I am trying to get my little girl on a feeding schedule. I was bad for the first few weeks and just feed her when she wanted and how much she wanted. Well now durring the day she just wants to graze. (ie. eat an ounce here, sleep 30min, eat 2oz there, sleep 30 min-1hr) At night she does great and eats 3-4 ounces and sleeps 3-4hours.
How can I get her to stick to a schedule durring the day? She just ate 2oz and fell asleep, but 30min after I layed her down to nap, she woke up. Should I try to let her cry it out for awhile so at next feeding she takes more and sleeps longer? Or should I just let her graze all day.

I don't like letting her graze b/c I can't do anything, I'm feeding her for 30min, then she sleeps for 30.. so by the time I get her in bed I have about 15min to get house work and things done. =( I als hate to hear her cry though. It just breaks my heart. :cry:

I think she will find her routine very soon. Shes still quite young. Are you sure she wants a feed everythime she wakes and cries?? I found that the first few weeks i was constantly feeding Olivia and most of the time she didnt want it. So i did other things like play with her etc.
I also found after the first few months that i understood what she wanted and what cries ment what.
She will def find her own way when she ready.
Take care x x x

Sounds like baby needs a good routine, which will probably take some work. Try and get a copy of Secrets of the Baby Whisperer - it has plenty of information on dealing with babies who 'snack', how to extend nap times etc. and will also help you go about putting baby into a routine. It does take time, but stick with it.
I really do not recommend letting baby cry it out.
Munchy x

I actually think it is a good thing to let them guide you and if they want to eat, let them. My little girl fell into her own routtine after 4-5 months and now is in a brilliant one :)

You are doing a great job, it can be very tiring constantly feeding but soon baby wont need nearly as much :)

Maybe sucking is actually tiring her out, why not try changing her teats? Try vari-flow, that way shes geting exactly how much she wants without tiring herself out x

She is young to be having a regime. It is tiring in the first few weeks but does get easier. Personally I would not let her cry it out. Crying is her way of co:hug:mmunicating with you.

Before 3 months babies are not really capable of having a routine and should be fed when they want to. Are you sure she's hungry and not just wants to suck? I would try giving her a pacifier. Bella wanted to eat constantly up until about 3 days ago and now she goes between 2-3 hours without eating and went 5 last night.

My boy also drinks regularly. Every 1hr30 around the clock! After winding him and him falling asleep I also have very little time to do stuff around the house. I sometimes feel as if I have to make an appointment just to go to the toilet!I know what your going through.It's very tough.I havent found a solution yet but today I tried placing him on his tummy and he slept an hour longer......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->