"feeding without shame"

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
Hello ladies :flower:

I posted this in the formula feeding section too, and I was looking for some help!

Recently I had my issues with feeding my (now) 5 week old baby. I was totally shamed no matter what I did, even in hospital. (including BF in public shaming) I got no help with BF, yet even the pediatrician shamed me and told me it was my fault when I told him I was having issues.

Im a blogger, and I decided to start up a new blog called "Feeding without Shame" ... its a blog that is a safe and non judgemental place for women who are feeding their babies the way they can. I support combi, breast and formula feeding and I am strict with a no judgement and no shaming rule.

I wanted to find women who had experience trouble BFing but were now able to do it to be able to write on the blog and help out other women. I want to get stories etc. so women don't feel so isolated especially in those newborn weeks.

Again, im not looking for breast-is-best. This is pro-feed, so supporting women no matter their choices. I posted this is the formula feeding forum and they all encouraged me to start this blog and have contributed to it. I would love to have help with the breastfeeding aspect! Thanks ladies! :happydance:

That sounds like a great idea. There should be no shaming. Info is info, choice is choice. As long as choice is informed and not made under duress all is good. I'd like to pm you if that's OK.

Of course! PM away! That goes for anyone.

Breastfeeding is SO HARD (was for me anyway :haha: ) and I think others could benefit from a safe place to read up on other womens stories :)

I have just had my sixth baby. Although I wanted to bf them all I only managed to bf for any longer than a few weeks with baby number 5. 2 were never bf. Baby number 5 is now 3 years 9 months and has continued to bf through out my recent pregnancy, dry nursing since 16weeks. We have just started our tandem nursing journey with the birth of baby number 6! I would be happy to share my experiences with you if you think it might be helpful. Only had baby Zane on the 13th so might take me a couple of weeks to get it down for you though, lol.
I think it's great that you are doing this. Support and not feeling alone/confused/guilty is so important. Especially in the early weeks x

I have just had my sixth baby. Although I wanted to bf them all I only managed to bf for any longer than a few weeks with baby number 5. 2 were never bf. Baby number 5 is now 3 years 9 months and has continued to bf through out my recent pregnancy, dry nursing since 16weeks. We have just started our tandem nursing journey with the birth of baby number 6! I would be happy to share my experiences with you if you think it might be helpful. Only had baby Zane on the 13th so might take me a couple of weeks to get it down for you though, lol.
I think it's great that you are doing this. Support and not feeling alone/confused/guilty is so important. Especially in the early weeks x

Yes!! I would love to have you write it up for me!! Congrats on baby 6! I will PM you to chat more <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->