Feeding?

Discussion in 'Premature & NICU Babies' started by Anna1982, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Anna1982

Anna1982 mummy of 4

Hiya

My twins were born at 34 weeks and 4 days
    now holly feeds really well and always takes 3 ounces, but lily only takes 1 ounce most times, tho does eat more often
    is this normal with preemies, she just seems to get really sleepy when sucking. shes gainging weight so the midwifes not concerned, but i am

thanks for any help early babies are so very new to me! i feel out of my depth

2. AP

AP Well-Known Member

Think its normal with any baby hun, just keep an eye on things and see if her pattern changes (it will at some point i'd imagine)
    Try not to focus too much on exactly how much she's having, it can drive you totally paranoid - if she's having wet nappies and gaining weight, and she's happy within herself, then try not to panic.

3. anna1986

anna1986 mummy of 2

hi hun
    my lil girl was born at 35wand is now 11 weeks old and sometimes she only takes 2 ounces at a feed! have spoken to health visitor n aslong as shes gaining weight they r not worried! hope this helps! x