Feel a bit silly, but has anyone thought of how they will announce that they're PG?

Well I have an overbearing MIL so they wont be finding out until after the 1st scan,

Snap. i wont be telling mil til after our scan and i think OH want to wait untill then to tell everyone but i told him he can sod that.

Ill tell my mam and close friends as soon as i get my bfp but will have to make my mam promise not to tell anyone but a few antys cos my family have a history of telling anyone as soon as they find out.

OH ill just probably wait till he comes in and say something like hi daddy and ill probably do the same with my mam. As for the rest because our family live all over the country ill probably send then a coppy of the scan and wait for them to ring us.

Haha i done that too ur mam and it took her ages too click what i was talking about!! "Hello great auntie clare" she just went "hiya hun" ......."OMG ARE YOU PREGNANT!?" As for not telling anyone :rofl: you know she wont be able to hold it in she'll tell my mam straight away i think when i told my mam about this bean she must have rang ur mother as soon as i put the phone down!! and you knowwwww you wouldnt be able to hold it in from trish!

I know it seems silly but if you search youtube for this there are tons of videos of people telling their loved ones they are expecting in very neat ways! I spent a few hours the other night watching all of the breaking the news videos as well as the positive test videos watching the tests turn up with 2 lines... it was a fun way to pass a sleepless night LOL

Well I have an overbearing MIL so they wont be finding out until after the 1st scan,

Snap. i wont be telling mil til after our scan and i think OH want to wait untill then to tell everyone but i told him he can sod that.

Ill tell my mam and close friends as soon as i get my bfp but will have to make my mam promise not to tell anyone but a few antys cos my family have a history of telling anyone as soon as they find out.

OH ill just probably wait till he comes in and say something like hi daddy and ill probably do the same with my mam. As for the rest because our family live all over the country ill probably send then a coppy of the scan and wait for them to ring us.

Haha i done that too ur mam and it took her ages too click what i was talking about!! "Hello great auntie clare" she just went "hiya hun" ......."OMG ARE YOU PREGNANT!?" As for not telling anyone :rofl: you know she wont be able to hold it in she'll tell my mam straight away i think when i told my mam about this bean she must have rang ur mother as soon as i put the phone down!! and you knowwwww you wouldnt be able to hold it in from trish!

I know it took her a while to click, i was there remember lol As for telling your mam and trish thats why iv said a few antys cos you know as soon as iv told her she'll ring your mam, trish, dee and probs anuty judith. Ill tell her if she tells any one else ill let liz be there for the birth and not her lmao

WhosThatGirl - Never thought of YouTube!! Haha brill!

haha oh yeah so u were! she gets dead exited when theres a baby on the way bless her she gave me a massive hug when i seen her lastweek!

I have thought about all sorts, even what words I will use when i announce on the forum. :rofl: Im so desperate!

Shes just thinking hmmmm another one to put laura off for another year or so :rofl:

Did anyone else cry at the youtube videos?
Or is it just me = /

xx

I have thought about all sorts, even what words I will use when i announce on the forum. :rofl: Im so desperate!

Haha, that's awesome! & not desperate, v sweet :D

I can imagine OH's face - awww I love him so much :)

Did anyone else cry at the youtube videos?
Or is it just me = /

xx

I had a little look on youtube earlier as I hadn't thought of it before - there was one of a guy who thought the test his daughter had wrapped up for him was a rectal thermometer!!!:rofl:

The funny bit is about a minute & a half in, he doesn't even twig until the girl yells out that she's 'knocked up'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n44kAY9O5t4 - also there are a lot of screaming kids so you might want to turn the volume down a tad!

i rang my mum to tell her didnt want to be too close to her i new she wouldnt be best pleased so i was at safe distant on the other end of the phone :rolf:

I haven't got a clue what I'd do really! Probably just tell DF straight out if he's not there when I test! Half of Aberystwyth would know within a week- I'm on 2 darts teams and they'd figure as soon as I turned down free alcohol/stopped buying alcohol! I'd want to tell my mil and DF's family in general straight away but am terrified of telling my family! As I don't want to cause trouble by telling other people before my parents so family will probably find out after the 1st scan and I'll tell close friends as soon as I know! The darts teams don't count as I won't have to tell them!!:rofl:

Beca :wave:

this one made me cry - read the info :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2gB3iq9uE4&feature=related

I saw that one when I was having a poke around youtube this morning - really sad coz her dad died but it was so great to see how happy he was!! Thanks for posting rafwife! x

DH will know coz he'll be waiting outside the bathroom when I test! I've already decided how to tell my parents. They kept mum's nursing chair up in the loft (low to the ground so your knees are high and support the baby more) so I'm gonna wait till we're over there and just say "oh, by the way, I'm going to need Geoff (my brother) to fetch that chair down from the loft" They'll know exactly what that means!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdrrHRFlyYQ This one is sooo good!!!

I love that one that Cinnamon posted- it always makes me cry! Thats just the best reaction ever- i hope my Mum gets like that!

When I tell everyone, my DH will find out when i do, my Mum, i might buy one of those figurines that represent families- theres a lovely "grandma" one. like this one: https://images.google.co.uk/imgres?.../images?q=grandchild+figurine&hl=en&sa=G&um=1

And for the inlaws i'd like to get a little baby-gro with "Baby Moreau" written on it! They've got a lot of "family pride", and always talk about "being a moreau" so i think it'd be a nice way of letting them know theres another team member on the way- as there are no other baby moreaus in the family with Dh being the only male member at the baby making age!

kate.m - those figurines are gorgeous! Did you see the ones on the page with the babies in mother's arms & the one in father's arms? :melts:

I love that one that Cinnamon posted- it always makes me cry! Thats just the best reaction ever- i hope my Mum gets like that!

When I tell everyone, my DH will find out when i do, my Mum, i might buy one of those figurines that represent families- theres a lovely "grandma" one. like this one: https://images.google.co.uk/imgres?.../images?q=grandchild+figurine&hl=en&sa=G&um=1

And for the inlaws i'd like to get a little baby-gro with "Baby Moreau" written on it! They've got a lot of "family pride", and always talk about "being a moreau" so i think it'd be a nice way of letting them know theres another team member on the way- as there are no other baby moreaus in the family with Dh being the only male member at the baby making age!

We have this one :)

https://www.justagift.co.uk/acatalog/wtnewlife.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back