Feel for her...

amylk87

WTT for No.1
Reaction score
My friend is pregnant (first tri) with her second and she's married. Her husband is friends with my OH.
I just get so annoyed, cos my friend is stressed over her husband's selfishness. She does everything for him and her child and he just thinks of himself.

I feel worse because my OH is the opposite, he is loving, selfless and worships the ground i walk on.

I just never know what to say or do to help her, stressing isnt good for the baby and i just wish she could be happy.

I have friends like this too and it does make me sad as I am utterly blessed with my OH. He would do absolutely anything for me, treats me better than I could ever have wanted and would never ever do anything to hurt me.

I guess we just have to be thankful that we are some of the lucky ones and hope that one day things for our friends take a turn for the better :hugs:

xxx

Its terrible to say, but some women do seem to fall for the wrong men. I know some women that if a man gives them loads of attention they are not interested, but if they treat them mean, they are certainly keen. Don't know if it is exactly the case of your friend. It is sad yes :( Hope there is a happy ending for her.

oh sweetie, its hard when you see people we love being hurt, all you can do is support her :hugs: xx

TBH dear, I think that just listening probably helps her more than you realise. It's frustrating when you see people in this position & I think it certainly makes us appreciate our OHs.
Is she more stressed now about his selfishness than before she was pg? Coz I know a couple that are very much in this position (although the other way around) & the bloke is happy to babysit & do everything around the house, guess it takes all kinds of people & relationships to make a world!!
Sounds as though you are listening & being a good friend which is all one can ever really do in these circumstances, though I feel your frustration. x

I don't think there is alot you can say just be there for her. The only other thing I could suggest, depending on how good a friend your OH is with her hubby, is maybe see if you hubby could gently make some suggestions to him to be more attentive to his pregnant wife, just little things like doing the washing up while she has 5mins sit down or maybe your OH could suggest a day out with your friends hubby and child so she can a have a break?

aww hun, it's hard isn't it. My sisters are/have been in the same situation and I feel so lucky knowing that my hubby won't be like that (he's not perfect by any means, but he does love me and I know when it comes to having a baby, he will be amazing). You can only be there for them and give them a hug when needed. The fact that you care is probably enough for her xx

aww bless her heart, that really sucks.
but its her relationship, if they love each other, there's nothing you can do about it.
just be there for her.
Emma xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"