Feel guilty!

Olivias_mum

Reaction score
have just been looking at all the threads in baby club about LO's the same age as grace learning to crawl/cruise. Dont get me wrong, im pleased for them but i cant help feeling a bit bitter. Grace still isnt really doing anything apart from smiling. I know i shouldnt compare development but its really getting to me! x

My oldest was always later on his development than others. I hated it too haha. I used to feel like friends were bragging or rubbing it in when they went on about what their babies were learning. Of course they werent! They were just proud! I think it's just another irrational thought/feeling that us mums have to put up with :S :hugs: xx

I think of them in terms of their corrected age, because when you are comparing them to other babies, that's how old they ARE. The babies you are comparing yours to were conceived way before yours was. Compare your baby to those who were conceived when yours was. :)

Or, if you are using corrected age and there is still a difference... just know that the differences will fade with time. (As you know) and stick with this forum instead of that one, lol. xoxo

if it reassures you I never, ever visit the baby club forum. I can't stand seeing what babies of similar age are doing, corrected or no. My son will do things on his own time, he's overcome obstacles MUCH bigger than crawling or saying gaga :haha:

Plus *confession* it gets on my nerves to see how people obsess and worry over tiny insignificant things, when my own son has so many possible complications looming over him. I just roll my eyes on half the topics in there. It's normal! If you have any concerns post here!! The moms here are more practical and down to earth (ha there I said it) :flower:

That doesn't mean not to worry (as if we could ever stop :wacko:) but Grace will make her momma proud you'll see!

:hugs:

:hugs::hugs:

For a long time I stayed out of baby club as it only upset me but then I realised that the babies that are doing the crawling, walking etc early are only a small percentage.

Grace will do all those things in their own time.

I tried staying out of there too. And if I'm going to be honest there was always too much drama :rofl:

I secretly like reading all the drama. :blush: I like a good argument as long as I'm not involved. :haha:

I'm only just coming to understand that my little one goes by no-ones timeline but his own, corrected or not. Usually as soon as I start worrying he does something new and reassures me. :flower:

I stayed out of the baby discussions, though I do now occasionally post in the toddler discussions. I am trying to accept that Andrew is at least three months delayed behind his corrected age, even discounting his hearing problems. I do occasionally have an emotional wobble regarding this :blush:

And so does my OH apparently :hugs:

:hugs: My friend texted me about her 11 m old talking away. Jeez it was like a kick in the teeth. :cry: she did realise though

Ive never been in there. As far as I'm concerned Amelia worked so hard just to be alive. SO yeah she might crawl/walk/talk a bit later thn usual but who cares. Shes here and for the most part shes healthy! x

I only ever go on this section and the loss section.

For ages (and on some bad days) i do compared Harry but then i think you know what, sod it! He proved the doctors wrong just by being here and alive so he will get around to things, just slightly later then others but you know what, he is so handsome, who cares!

All our babies are perfect, they have fought so much in the little lives so they can have some slack on getting the milestones, they will get there and when they do, they will be great and doing it with a gorgeous smile on their little faces because they know just how proud their mummies will be!

That is so true about the baby club! I tend to pop in briefly, roll my eyes and leave pdq!

Im with vermiel on this i religiously avoid baby club and i take it a step further i avoid talking about what my son is doing with my friends that have termies, ahh it makes my life easier. Dont feel bad, its natural to feel this way, just focus on the positives

I do go on the baby club so I know what you mean but I tend to ignore the ages, if their babies can do things Oliver can't at the same age I just look at it as they had a head start on him anyway getting longer and more development in the womb, rather than him being behind.

I am grateful I read this thread before heading over there. I gave birth Friday to my little 3lb miracle. I've had 2 other friends give birth since Gwen was born and I hate to say it but I'm avoiding them and have even hidden them on FB because it hurts to see all their talk about being home with their babies when it'll be 4-6 weeks before I can bring Gwen home from the NICU. I mean I want to be happy for them and I feel like a bad friend for not visiting or commenting on pictures, but I'm just not emotionally ready for that.

I feel guilty and bitter almost every time I hear about some other foetus doing something miraculously early. And those "is this normal" type threads that are nothing more than a boast about how bloody early their baby is doing something, do my nut in.

Abby has cerebral palsy and doesn't walk or crawl or anything like that. Of course it is great for those parents who have never had to deal with this stuff, but it cuts like a knife.

I can say, hand on heart, I am only very happy for the parents in here and at my bliss group when I hear people celebrating milestones. I know each step is a miracle and every milestone is more than just a change in development. Not only that, I know there are plenty of battles they are still facing, which I am not and it really helps when we can all feel each others' pain.

I am pretty much done with these forums since the change TBH. (wow..."momtastic") I only pop in here to give support to the preemie mums because god knows there is little of it out there.

I feel guilty and bitter almost every time I hear about some other foetus doing something miraculously early. And those "is this normal" type threads that are nothing more than a boast about how bloody early their baby is doing something, do my nut in.

Abby has cerebral palsy and doesn't walk or crawl or anything like that. Of course it is great for those parents who have never had to deal with this stuff, but it cuts like a knife.

I can say, hand on heart, I am only very happy for the parents in here and at my bliss group when I hear people celebrating milestones. I know each step is a miracle and every milestone is more than just a change in development. Not only that, I know there are plenty of battles they are still facing, which I am not and it really helps when we can all feel each others' pain.

I am pretty much done with these forums since the change TBH. (wow..."momtastic") I only pop in here to give support to the preemie mums because god knows there is little of it out there.

You are so right on with that!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->