Feel like a crazy person

ManicsGirl

Mama of 2
Reaction score
I've been with my bf coming up for 4 years now, since school and he's now 21 and I'm 20, although we both have 2 years before I graduate and hopefully get a PGDE and he graduates, so I know that having theres at least a year and a half before I could even get pregnant without it getting in the way of qualifications. I'm on Microgynon, but every time I get my period, I get sad that I'm not pregnant, even though it's statistically near impossible, and I'm always really careful with it.

Anyway, the point of this post is that I think my constant broodiness is pissing my bf off. We both want kids, but I hate having to wait, and it's been worse since one of the girls who's a year older than me at work got pregnant (even though she's only been with her man a year, but that's an aside). I feel like I'm obsessed, always wanting to go on the Mothercare website or look in Next and John Lewis and Tesco at the baby furniture and clothes and even the maternity accessories and even post-birth essentials (the totally unglamorous industrial sanitary towels) and bf notices that I'm down whenever I think about it.

I know I'm doing the responsible thing by waiting until we've got a settled home and secure jobs and everything before we start trying, but I feel so insanely jealous of any and every pregnant woman I see and wish I had my own baby to love.

Please someone tell me that this will pass?!

Lol you're describing me a few months ago :p Before Christmas I think I was just a teensy bit psycho :rofl: it will pass, the initial crazyness begins to take over your life, but after a while it subsides a bit. Mine hasn't gone away, nowhere close :p I still have crappy days where I think I'm going mad, then the next day I'll be better. Whenever I think "why am I being sensible? It's not fair!" I just think my kids are gonna have the perfect upbringing if we wait, and they deserve the absolute bestest! :)

Have you and your OH set a TTC date? At least a rough one? Cos my OH has said to me that we can start trying on our honeymoon, though he's told me he won't propose til we move out (about a year from now) :haha: still, it helps, and I have lots of stuff to check off my WTT checklist before TTC arrives :)

And til then, you've got us lot :D xx

I totally understand. Ive been with my husband 11 years and we own a big house and have good jobs. Im nearly 29 and he is 27 and I just dont understand why we cant start trying.
Its ruling my life and hubby is getting cross with me pestering him and its starting to affect our relationship as its all I talk about, like wearing him down will make a difference - its actually making it further away I think!

Someone on here pointed out that there are videos on youtube of women telling their OH's they're pregnant. Some of the men were so happy they cried.....!

It has really helped me to put things in perspective as its soooo important to me to get that reaction from him and for him to be happy and ready rather than bullied into it.

It certainly hasnt made my intense feelings go away (especially since I just found out my best friend is expecting her second) but we need to enjoy the time we have as a couple and look forward to the future.

If you get a chance take a look at some of the clips. It will make you more broody im sure but it will also help with the wait - it will be soooo worth it.

Hope this helps

S x

Aw don't worry, i think a lot of women feel like this at times - me included, definitely!

it's so frustrating to see people around you getting pregnant and having babies, especially when it seems that they're situations aren't ideal. I guess it just goes to show you want to do the right thing and give your baby the best up bringing you can. sometimes my DH and i think "lets just do it" but when we really think about it we know we're doing the best thing by waiting.

i have some weeks where i think i'll explode because i want to get pregnant so badly. i have sneaky peaks at the mothercare website, etc and drive myself crazy! Other weeks it doesn't affect me so much but i still know i want to have babies.

if things are getting you down come on here and have a chat with us guys - we won't get fed up or frustrated by the broodiness - it gives us an excuse to talk babies!xxx

if things are getting you down come on here and have a chat with us guys - we won't get fed up or frustrated by the broodiness - it gives us an excuse to talk babies!xxx

So true :rofl: Any excuse to natter about babies!

Sazaroo I found with my OH that if I stopped talking about them and asking him over and over again (which was really difficult, I didn't realise how much I bought it up til I tried to stop!! lol) and occasionally thrust him in to the path of babies and children we knew, he soon came round to the idea :haha:

It sounds like you and I are in almost exactly the same position! :hugs:

My husband and I have been together 4 years and we are financially stable and both very ready for kids. However...his degree isn't complete until December and mine not until next April!

It's driving me nuts. My Husbands brother's girlfirend also just got pregnant and I'm insanely jealous. Like you I stare at baby goodies and get miserable about it. My husband is incredibly supportive, but I know it stresses him to see me upset about it.

So, I decided last month that I really need to look at the situation positively. Once we have our studying done we will be able to give everything to the pregnancy and baby, and until then I am charting and getting to know my cycles and hanging out here talking to other broody ladies instead of worrying hubby.

This place really really helps, I think you are doing absolutely the right thing getting your studies and careers underway - for yourself, your husband and your future little ones. But I also know how frustrating it is. I hope chatting to us lot makes you feel alot better and makes the time go really fast for you! :hugs:

I felt exactly the same - although we had decided a date to start TTC - every single day until that date dragged by so slowly.. I also felt like I was going crazy.

Now the date has passed and I just go crazy counting days till I ovulate... one craziness passed up for another! Lol.

Yep yep and yep, hun, you're exactly like me right now. I too drive myself crazy because I desperately want to be pregnant, and I torture myself by watching births and baby programs on TV, going on the Mamas and Papas and Mothercare websites and looking at clothes and cots and things. I also feel incredibly jealous when I see pregnant people or friends announce they are pregnant, but it will pass, or at least, get easier! I did go through a phase of it being EVERYTHING I thought about, but it does fade. I get days where I don't really think about it, weeks even, and then I have a week where I'm thinking about it all the time.

I found talking to my OH helped, it was lovely just to hear that he wanted children too and we worked out a plan together. Even though it's more than a year away, it gives me something to focus on, and your time will come! It isn't forever away, even though it feels like it!

A lot of us feel exactly the same, and you'll always find there's a bunch of us that go "Oh my Godddd, me too, I'm a broody nut case" so you're not alone, lol.

x

Thanks so much everyone! It's so good to know I'm definitely not the only person that gets this way lol :)

I watched a couple of the videos on Youtube of the hubbies getting told the great news, and it's totally put things into perspective, and make me want that reaction from OH as much as I want our own mini-us.

At work today I was thinking (all my best ideas come when I'm meant to be serving customers lol), and I'm going to pace myself, like focus on getting our new flat in August, graduate next May etc and look into things like getting into better shape (it'd be nice to have a good base to start with before I get any bump), how far in advance I need to stop taking BCP and how long I need to take PNVs for before my body is in the best shape for carrying the new life.

In the mean time I'll still be window shopping in Mothercare and Mama's and Papa's, but I'm going to have my own little pre-TTC checklist to work on. I think it'll be the best motivation for me to get things done anyway :happydance:

Aw yay, glad you're feeling a bit more positive now:thumbup:

thank god for to-do lists as well - helps me get some of the madness out of my head and onto paper!lol!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->