Feel like I'm always counting the days! Update - early scan today!!!!

loub127

Reaction score
Just got back from my first midwife appointment. My midwife is really lovely which I'm so happy about.

Lots of form filling as to he expected, bloods etc.

And she booked my first official scan for 14th October, so I'll be 12 weeks! Feels like a lifetime away but luckily I have a private 8 week scan booked for this Saturday, 17th September.

Always feel like I'm counting down to something!!

4 days to go............ x

Pregnancy is just one giant countdown lol! Helps it go a little faster though, I think.

Ahhh I know, my first appt is Oct 7 which seems ages away, but I have a scan with a clinic on Sept 20th.

I know, we count til ovulation, count during the tww, finally get a bfp, and carry on counting to the next pregnancy milestones!

I just want to know that my little bean is safe and well in there and hopefully I'll stop wishing the time away and make the most of it! X

I know, it feels like one big countdown! I've had a few private scans and my mw appt, all of which I was counting down to. I have my dating scan at 13 weeks! Why do they make us wait?!?! I now have a countdown app on my phone for that :blush: feels like I'm constantly wishing the days away! Like you, I'm hoping that once I'm out of the first tri I will stop doing that and go with flow!

It doesn't stop after birth either though whilst pregnant you wish the days away so you can hold your baby...once they arrive you want them to slow down...we can't win!! Xx

Right now I'm counting down the days until morning sickness ends, even though I've no idea when that will be! :haha:

Classic - the private scans I had ranged from £50-£100. The cheapest one was a bit rubbish, was only in there less than 5 mins but as it was at 10 weeks I wasn't too anxious. The other two, at 6 and 8 weeks were more expensive but were much better. We were in there for a good 15-20 mins chatting and looking at this and that.

Mine is £99 with Babybond. I've heard they're supposed to be quite good but as long as I see a blob with a heartbeat then it'll be money well spent!! :) x

ah yes one of mine was at babybond and it was the best so you won't be disappointed! Well worth the money. If we choose to have one in the second tri we'll go back there. Good luck! xx

Thank you! I'd heard good things so wanted to use them. Just hope it's a abdominal scan and not transvaginal :s It doesn't bother me too much but the last time I had a trans one was when I had my mc so will bring back not so nice memories x

I totally understand (I had a mmc earlier this year) My babybond scan was at 8 weeks and it was abdominal, never mentioned tv so hopefully you won't need one - plus you can always refuse if you really don't want it, it's entirely up to you. We didn't see a baby shape, just a blob with a hb, but I think I am a few days behind my lmp calculation.

Yeh when I had an early scan with my son at 8 weeks he was just a blob, with little stubby bits where his arms and legs would be! I'll be so happy just to know it's where it should be and see a hb. I'm so excited! This week is just dragging! X

Only one more day to wait!! Come back and let us know how you get on!

Yes! Finally it's Friday! Dh is working in the morning and as soon as he finishes we will drop off ds at my parents and head off to Southampton! Our scan is at 15.20 so I'll be pacing all morning! Cannot wait!! X

Yay! It's scan day!!!!!! I feel nervous and excited! Only about 7 hours til we leave! :haha: :happydance:

Just had our scan! Little bean was in the right place, heartbeat was flickering away :happydance: Measuring 8w 3d so just a few days ahead of my lmp date. I am so so happy right now! :) Photo to follow shortly. The car is too bumpy to take a photo!! X

Here he/she is!! Heartbeat was 141bpm :)

Attachments

• 2016-09-17 15.47.24.jpg
    2016-09-17 15.47.24.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back