Feel silly for moving back to bradford now..

T

trashit

I was living in manchester wiv my oh but moved back here to this craphole purely to be near my family and (now almost none existant) friends. But theres apparently a higher infant mortality rate here than anywhere else, and now im petrified. Im a part of the born in bradford study, theyve asked lots of questions taken blood etc. Anyway i dunno, im thinkin maybe i should stay somewhere else and go into labour there for his safety? Anyone else from bradford?x

i am but not in teen section im 24.... i did the born in bradford with my 1st lilly.... i would say its a shit hole your not wrong there... i dont think the high rate is due to neglect by midwife or hospital.... i think it just happens and for some reason its high here.... but only slighty higher than other places..... ive had brill care from my midwifes before and health visitor..... im not keen on the bri as they are sooo busy all the time and fked up with some of my blood results last time..... so im considering maybe going to airedale this time round..... there are also midwife led units in wakefield that ive looked in to and the midwifes come to you and care for you from home and then to the unit in labour....... you can have your baby where ever you like hun.... hope all goes well for you xxxxx

Thanks for replying :) im considering going to leeds now. I was wanting a home birth but if im transferred theyll no doubt do it to BRI which i dont want.. :shrugs: so confused! Did you have your daughter in bri? Sorry you may have already said my brains on another planet. X

yeah i had lilly at the bri.... to be fair to them they were ok.... midwife while i was in labour was the best.... they just didnt no what was wrong with me.... complications with my blood and my paper work was full of ??????? all over and still havent told me to this day what was wrong with me..... but other than that the care was good and they just left me too it once i had given birth they were ok..... and if its not busy if you request a private room... whilst in labour they will try get you one just be extra nice to them lol..... but the wakefield unit is good.... and if you need a hospital it has wakefields main hospital next to it so you will go there they deliver a lot less babies than leeds or bradford same thing with airedale so i would say the care will be 100 times better xxxx

The infant mortality rate isn't really much to do with the care of hosp docs or midwifes. Its more to do with socilogical reasons IE high rate of poverty, poor attitude to health, bad lifestyle and attitudes towards the up bringing of their chidren, lack of education could lead to lack of awearness of dangers, high dependency on drugs leading to more neglect etc.

Well i dont smoke, drink, do drugs, i eat right, noone smokes around me and im not poor.. I dont do anythin i shouldnt do and babys reli healthy.. But i heard BRI can be over stretched. It took them two hours to see me in the assessment unit wen i went in with kidney pains.. Thanks for replies. If my midwife is here though can i still give birth wherever i choose?x

i wouls say ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that has just hit the nail on the head xxx

you would have to change midwifes if your changing hospital but if ya say just happen to be in leeds when going into labour they arent gonna turn you away lol xxx

Lol i said this to oh, but i was plannning on home birth but if they transfer me id like it to be to leeds? Could i do that?x

no hun you would have to change your care to leeds then go a head with home birth an if neeeded they will then transfer you too leeds sorry it works like that but its never to late to transfer xxxx

The infant mortality rate isn't really much to do with the care of hosp docs or midwifes. Its more to do with socilogical reasons IE high rate of poverty, poor attitude to health, bad lifestyle and attitudes towards the up bringing of their chidren, lack of education could lead to lack of awearness of dangers, high dependency on drugs leading to more neglect etc.

That is exactly it.

What is your long term plan? Will you move back to be with your OH when you have lo?? xx

oh has moved here with me, he moved shortly after. Were not staying here, it was just til i got on my feet, eg when i feel happy enough to be away from family.. Im maybe gonna have to give up on home birth so that i definitely know he'll be born in leeds hosp and not Bradford. I cant change to leeds mw, as its too far away to travel there, the taxis would be extortionat! So ill have to just go to leeds hosp wen i go into labour and hope for best! Thanks everyone x

I replied in 3rd Tri,but I live in Queensbury Bradford and on Wednesday I gave birth in Airedale Hospital in keighley. I opted for there cos my oldest was born there.
They were brilliant and I rate them highly.

Hi

I hope its ok for me to post here because I'm not a teen.

But I just wanted to offer some support.

I had my little girl at BRI and it was a fabulous experience. I couldn't fault the care during my pregnancy and during a long traumatic labour.

You do absolutely the right thing in looking for the care that's right for you. But just remember that in looking farther afield you have to factor in longer travelling time - which may not be best for baby or for you.

Lots of luck in what you decide and if you want any support from an older mum give me a shout

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->