feel so bad

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
The last few weeks with Hannah have been hard. She's been extremely fussy with more bad days than good. I've thought maybe she's teething (chewing on everything, drool, interrupted sleep etc.) but have yet to see any red gums or tooth buds. And of course when Stan talked to MIL about it she completely disagreed and thinks we should see if the doctor thinks she's teething. Gave her rice on Monday which I think she likes, but again, double guessing myself and just don't know....maybe its the reason she's so unhappy. Though she never eats much of it and has had regular bowel movements so I know she's not constipated. And she always takes my hand and guides the spoon to my mouth. Sorry for the rant it's just been a long week :cry:

I feel for you :hugs: we are fighting a similar battle over here. I talked to our local health nurse, she was at group this morning, and as far as teething goes teeth can "float" for months. They will be there hurting her but never show :( Cool cloths, teething toys, fingers, ambesol and tylenol are what was reccomended to me. All things I'm doing anyways but it was nice to hear...

Good for her on the rice cereal, I used to think it was causing LO gas but I then realized you are right... she barely actually eats any too.

:hugs: Hope things get better for you soon. I doubt a tiny amount of rice could be making her feel so bad, and teething pain does start long before you see any sign of teeth x

They definitely go through stages and change the routines so much and it's tough. I am sorry you are having a tough week.

But, I am going to say something. I believe in the next month or so when Hannah starts crawling, you may see a bit of a change hon for the better.

:hug:

BTW, you are a damn good mom too!

Aww hun it is hard. We've been having the same with Seth for a good few weeks now and its really upsetting and stressful. It make you feel like you're doing something wrong but you arent at all!

It could well be teething, a relative of mine had a look in Seths mouth when he was 3 months and said he was starting to teeth, and he still doesnt have a tooth now but the symptoms are getting gradually worse... he's tugging his ears, bright red cheeks, dribbling a lot, nappy rash etc... so it could be that shes starting to teeth? Just upsetting that it has to go on so long for them

:hugs:

xxx

Marlowe went through a very similar thing around this time (from about 3.5 months for a week or so). I remember thinking that things were supposed to get easier not harder after the 3 month mark. I think it was her teeth bothering her as she settled down after a week or 2. She still has no signs of a tooth, but baby Tylenol helped tremendously. Hang in there, it will get better and she'll be the happy baby from before!

Marlowe went through a very similar thing around this time (from about 3.5 months for a week or so). I remember thinking that things were supposed to get easier not harder after the 3 month mark. I think it was her teeth bothering her as she settled down after a week or 2. She still has no signs of a tooth, but baby Tylenol helped tremendously. Hang in there, it will get better and she'll be the happy baby from before!

That's exactly what was going through my mind earlier today. We haven't used much Tylenol but might try it tonight. On an up note Hannah for once in her life took the majority of her naps on her own in her crib, and all were about an hour long (of course she screamed bloody murder before going down--but she did that even when we were trying to hold her and let her nap :dohh:)

:hugs: I know the feeling. Bren has been really fussy the last two days.

:hug: we been having trouble x x

ignore ur mil x ur a good mum

:hug: your a great mummy, hope it settles down for u and hannah :) XXXX

teething is horrible. Ali is teething. fortunatley it hasn't affected his sleeping too much but he is dead grumpy and grizzly when awake and his hand is constantly in his mouth.

your a fab mum to Hannah (and fur babies:rofl:) and your doing a great job.

Christine
XXX

Sorry you are having a rough week Vicks! Maybe take her along to your health visitor if you are concerned. It is probably just teething and nothing to be concerned about.

xxx

Thanks everyone. Today's actually going a lot better. She ate most of her rice cereal and has been in a great mood. I still think she's teething and that's bothering her a bit, but she's a completely different baby.

:hugs: glad you're having a better day today honey, so sorry to hear how tough its been, you're doing a great job and she does sound like she's teething, which like everyone said, can start ages before the little things pop through. sounds like she's loving her rice darling, vickie you're doing a great job honey :hugs: x x x

oooh sorry to hear it's been tough (but glad today was better!!). My doc recomended we start LO on fruit or veges first and to leave the cereal and rice until he's 6-8 months (I dont remember why she said that..) so we might try Ted on carrot purée tomorrow though i'd initially hoped to wait longer but he's been waking lots in the night and watches us eat and makes eating movements with his mouth when we do.

Maybe she's been having a long growth spurt so is more fussy?

Remember these things are always phases - whatever it is - easier times are coming!! :hug:

Ted is also drooling and putting everything in his mouth but i dont think he's teething quite yet.

Pleased you've had a better day.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back