feel so bad

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
this is even too bad to go into the confessional thread.
As it says in my profile i live in the middle east, to be more specific i live in Israel, and yes right now we are in the middle of a war. Today the siren went off. Its the siren that sounds if rockets have been shot at us and we have about 40 seconds to get into a safe room or at least away from the windows.
I currently do not live in rocket range (or at least rockets have not been fired this far yet) and when the siren went off i didnt even hear. Another lady did and she told everyone, no one really cared they all thought it was just a drill as there is a school nearby my college where i was today.
During lunch break i went to the nursing room the school provides to pump. some other girl was there and she was saying that as soon as she heard the siren she called her babysitter to get the babies into a safe room. I didnt even think about my baby! What is wrong with me! I felt so awful.
The reason I guess I didnt think about him is that I knew it wasnt a real siren, coz as i said we are a bit out of range. It actually turned out to be just a technical glitch as they are fixing the sirens in the whole country i guess.
This war is so stressful as it is. I just feel so bad. I am sure not many of you can relate to this thank G-D as you dont live in places that are constantly at war, and i certainly dont want to open up a debate about the war, I just wanted to share my mommy moment and get it off my chest.

What a nightmare for you. Don't feel bad :hugs:

Not that this is anywhere near as close, but I lived in London for 4 years. Before the 7/7 tube bombing they kept saying that is was not a question of if the tubes where going to be bomb but when. I lived daily knowing it could happen, but never really imagined it would. The tube was part of my life, and as I stood on the train I could never imagine it being blown up even though the media and goverment said When not if. So I get your thinking, even though you know it could happen, you can't imagine it. I was in the US when the tube was bombed, and it was one of the worst days for me. I hope that it is just a glitch.

I can somewhat relate, but not entirely. I used to live in the war zone for about 5 years back in Europe. However, I cannot imagine what I would do if I had Mia then and there.
Just try to stay strong and think of a positive future.

OMG....I can't even imagine how scary it must be:hugs::hugs::hugs:

You poor thing :hugs: I didn't realise you were out there.

Gosh, how awful to be amidst all that. :hug:

Oh hun :hugs:
try not to feel too upset, i think you must have "known" it was just a false alarm, if had had been real im sure you would have immediately rang home to tell whoever had your LO

You poor thing :hugs: I didn't realise you were out there.

thanks, i love living here though, its an amazing place, and like i said i am the lucky one not currently living where missiles are falling

it does look like an amazing and beautiful country...it's just unfortunate that whenever I see it it's because it's on the news. I hope those missiles stay away from you.

Cant imagine how life must be for you out there i guess we out here dont realise how lucky we are hope your ok and try not to worry it must be hard stay strong x

it does look like an amazing and beautiful country...it's just unfortunate that whenever I see it it's because it's on the news. I hope those missiles stay away from you.

thanks hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->