Feel terrible but he's got to stop crying wolf

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
A few weeks ago Jayden hurt his finger at a birthday party. I kept him from hockey a few days later and then over the course of a few weeks I've heard him complain about it at times but not often enough.

He likes to make excuses when he doesn't want to do something, etc. So because he's been playing, going to school, etc. I thought all was ok. He hit the finger again tonight and after close inspection, it looks like it's dislocated. :shock:

I feel terrible that I haven't had it taken care of much sooner. Poor child. But, he's got to stop crying wolf too.

:hugs::hugs:

My Tattie was like this too - whenever there was something she didn't want to do she would complain that she felt sick (conversely if she DID want to do something and WAS sick she wouldn't tell us :dohh: ). I always felt so bad when I assumed she was just swinging the lead and she turned out to actually be poorly - but she did learn from it in the end :hugs::hugs:

my little boy who is nearly 3 has started doing this, but its so much harder with him being so young to tell if he is telling the truth or not. sometimes he will winge he has a poorly tummy and says he nos what will make it better and when u ask what that is he will say sweets or lolly and sometimes medicine as he likes the taste of calpol lol.its just so hard to ignore them when your not sure weather they are telling the truth or not :( x

Dylan my son is 11 and still like this, if he cuts his finger according to him its hanging off and the pain in unbearable... I think he's just practising for when he's a man lol. Though I do worry that because he acts like this I will miss something when it actually happens.

Don't beat yourself up over it just take him to have it looked at, hopefully he's ok x

https://www.babyandbump.com/general-chatter/432836-argh-day.html

Had quite a day today! ](*,)

Not read your link yet but dont feel bad about his finger, just one of those things :hugs: xx

Oh hun you really have had a day of it, hope your lo is settled. I think id have purposely sat my lo on that bed and asked that woman what her problem was. In my job I see stressed out mummy's that worry what will be said when their lo climbs all over the desks etc. I put an extra big smile on my face, tell mummy not to worry cos they're doing nothing wrong they're being a child, talk to the lo and ask what they want, normally they settle for a little bit so I can see what mummy needs, if my boss doesn't like my approach tough luck and he's not brave enough to come up against me lol.

Get the lo settled into bed tonight and have a sit down with a drink of your choice and relax. Hope things get better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->