feelin crap :(

Olivias_mum

Reaction score
just havin a bit of a down night :( Olivias caffeine was stopped 3 weeks ago and they said they would take her cardiac leads off (the ones on her chest)and just leave her oxygen saturation monitor on, well alot the other babies have had their leads off, babies who are in alot more oxygen than her etc and olivia still has hers, i just phoned and asked why and they said because she is still havin bradys...but so are the other babies!feelin really down :( xxx

Aww your entitled to feel a bit down. I remember when they first began to feed the twins and everytime they apirated Jaycee's tummy she still had her milk there so they stopped her feeding which was a set back but she soon picked up and went back to feeding and digesting which was brilliant.

I think there is always gonna be a few things we arent happy with but one day you will go in there and she wont have it on and you will be so much more happier!

Hope your feeling better soon! x

Am sorry to hear you are feeling like this, she will get there you know but its awful waiting for these things:hugs:

Joseph was like this. However, I see it as a good thing. If she is sufferig brady's, the cardiac leads are a damn sight more accurate and quicker to respond to any change, they also monitor heart rate, respiration and oxygen levels, so I wouldn't worry too much. I was comforted in the fact that Joseph still had them on as it gave the nurses a better heads up when something happened.

Remember hun, we can't rush these little ones. They're fighting hard enough as it is, and will come on in their own time.:thumbup:

I know that feeling honey - you feel like all the other babies are doing better - but you'd be surprised!!!!! :hugs:

SB22 is so right!! You sit there day after day watching the other babies and quite often they seem to be progressing so much quicker than your little one. They are all so different though and just because Olivia still has her monitors on doesn't necessarily mean anything!! Be patient (I know its really hard) and she will continue to surprise you!!

I felt like Alex was way behind everyone else but in the end, she left before them all!

I felt like Alex was way behind everyone else but in the end, she left before them all!

Sometimes I felt that way with the twins because at first all the parents were getting their babies out for cuddles and no one said we could and then they were taking their babies off the monitors and having bottle feeds and then twins came home before all of them xx

I know how you feel hun, having a 25 weeker means that i am always seeing other Mums and their LO,s coming and going, however Joseph,s Dad,s spot on they do things in their own time. I do understand as it's highly emotional and only takes small things to get you down. Olivia is doing really well she is a little fighter.xxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

:hugs: try not to see this as a setback hun, just a temporary measure. Olivia is still very young and sometimes it takes a while or so but we have all had our own little meltdown in some way after a week or so, you will soon quickly see progress xx

:hugs: try not to see this as a setback hun, just a temporary measure. Olivia is still very young and sometimes it takes a while or so but we have all had our own little meltdown in some way after a week or so, you will soon quickly see progress xx

shes been there for 2 months and im still havin meltdowns every now and again!!lol xxx

Dont worry she will come home when she is ready xx

You poor thing, my LO stayed on her leads until she was 37 weeks, it was so frustrating, they claimed she was having bradies however because she moved so much she kept knocking her leads off, also she kept desaturating down to 30s yet looked normal...eventually I had to speak to the sister to get her onto a Sats monitor only. As people have mentioned above, you do watch other people's babies come and go and feel like your LO is not making progress but what you have to do is look at how far she has come...that is what kept me going. She has done so well and just has the final hurdle of growing stronger to get over, the bradies are so frustrating but one day they will stop and THEN you will worry because the machine is not going off, you can't win. Olivia will get there in the end.
Don't worry about melting down, you are entitled to, it is very stressful and frustrating, the final weeks in hospital feel like the longest, you feel impatient and just want you LO home. It will come...just make sure you are taking care of yourself and rest as when she comes home you will need your energy...big hugs...x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->